Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Several years ago, we made a promise to always tell our readers about the best credit card deals, even if it means we don’t earn a commission.
It’s common for there to be many different sign-up bonuses for the same card. So if I find an offer that’s better than my affiliate link, I’ll tell you about it instead!
And I’m always grateful when readers bring better offers to our attention!
Find out about the top 10 offers that don’t give us a commission, but still earn you Big Travel!
Why Do We Tell You About the Best Offers?
Link: Hot Deals
We have the best readers in the world! And we love hearing about how you’ve gotten Big Travel with Small Money from the tips and tricks you’ve learned here.
When we started the blog, I told you I’d always let you know if I found a better public offer for any credit card, even if it means giving up our commission on the card.
We earn a commission on cards that have an image of the card under the card’s name on the Hot Deals page. But if you only see a link with the card’s name, and no card image beneath, that means Emily and I get nothing if you apply.
Yes, but Why?
Because it’s the right thing to do.
And we won’t ever stop doing it!
We’re not shy about telling you about the best offers. Even if there’s a lesser offer that would earn us a commission.
In fact, the top 3 cards on 10 Best Deals in Travel link to cards that earn nothing for the blog.
And that’s fine by us!
Thank you for reading our blog all these years. We really do have the best readers!
10 Great Cards That Earn Us $0 and Give You Big Travel!
Here are 10 top cards that give you more miles, points, or cash back. And we don’t earn a penny if you sign-up.
1. Chase Ink Plus
Link: Chase Ink Plus
Chase Ultimate Rewards points are my favorite because there are so many ways to use them. With 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you could get:
- $600 in cash back
- $750 in travel with NO blackout dates through the Chase Travel Portal
- Big Travel by transferring to partners like United Airlines and Hyatt
Check out my full review of the Chase Ink Plus card.
2. Chase Southwest Cards
Southwest is an affordable option for travel in the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean! When Emily and I travel domestically, we use Southwest almost exclusively.
We like Southwest because everyone gets 2 free checked bags, which could save you ~$100 per person round-trip. Plus, they have a customer friendly cancellation policy!
You need to earn 110,000 Southwest points within a calendar year to get the Southwest Companion Pass.
You can currently earn 50,000 Southwest points when you complete the minimum spending on the Chase Southwest Premier, and Premier small business card. So signing-up for both cards will get you most of the way to the Southwest Companion Pass.
Just be sure to watch out for these 3 mistakes along the way!
3. Citi ThankYou Premier
Link: Citi ThankYou Premier
Update: This offer is no longer available.
The link that earned us commission on the Citi ThankYou Premier card was reduced to 40,000 Citi ThankYou points. But we found a better offer where you can still earn 50,000 Citi ThankYou points when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
You can use the 50,000 Citi ThankYou points you earn for:
- $500 in gift cards
- $625 in paid travel (1.25 cents per point) booked through the Citi Travel Center
- $665 in paid flights (1.33 cents per point) booked through the Citi Travel Center, if you also have the Citi Prestige
- $800 in paid American Airlines and codeshare partner flights (1.6 cents per point) booked through the Citi Travel Center, if you also have the Citi Prestige
- Big Travel when you transfer to travel partners like Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, or Flying Blue.
4. Chase Hyatt
Link: Chase Hyatt
You’ll earn 2 nights at ANY Hyatt hotel when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening a Chase Hyatt account.
Plus, you can earn 5,000 Hyatt bonus points by adding an authorized user who makes a purchase within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
And each year you keep your card, you’ll earn a free night certificate good for a stay at a Hyatt Category 1 through 4 hotel.
5. Chase United Airlines Small Business Card
You can earn 50,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2,000 in purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening a new Chase United Airlines small business card. That’s enough for 2 round-trip coach award flights within the mainland US and Canada!
The annual fee is $95, but it’s waived the 1st year. Here’s my review of the United Airlines small business card.
6. Hilton Cards
Link: Hotel Cards – Hot Deals
Earning lots of Hilton points is now even easier, because several Hilton credit cards currently have improved offers.
For example, with the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, you can now earn 85,000 Hilton points when you complete the minimum spending requirements. That’s 25,000 more Hilton points than you can usually get with this card!
There are 3 other Hilton credit cards available, and 2 of them with an improved bonus.
The Hilton cards are:
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express – Earn 50,000 Hilton points + $50 statement credit (usually 60,000 Hilton points, but the new $50 credit may be better) after you spend $750 in purchases on the Card within your 1st 3 months of opening your account
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card – Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at almost any Hilton hotel after spending $2,500 in purchases within the 1st 4 months of account opening
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card – Earn 60,000 Hilton points (previously 40,000 Hilton points) after spending $1,000 in purchases within the 1st 4 months of account opening.
7. Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Card
Our link for the Chase IHG Rewards card comes with 60,000 IHG points. But we found a better offer where you could also get a $50 statement credit when you complete the minimum spending. So we shared it with you!
What I like about the Chase IHG Rewards Club card is you get an annual free night at ANY IHG hotel. This perk is worth much more than the $49 annual fee. That’s why I’ve hung onto this card for many years.
8. Bank of America Alaska Airlines Card
By signing-up for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card, you’ll get 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles (no minimum spending required!). And you can earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
This more than makes up for the $75 annual fee, which is NOT waived.
9. Chase United Explorer Card
The Chase United Explorer is a great card to have in your wallet if you redeem United Airlines miles frequently, or if you often buy paid United Airlines tickets.
With this card you get perks like:
- Access to even more award seats
- Priority boarding
- First checked bag free when you use your card to pay for your paid or award ticket
You’ll earn 30,000 United Airlines miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account. And a $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase.
To get this deal, search for a flight on United.com and you’ll see an ad for the card. My link doesn’t have a $50 statement credit, so apply for the better offer!
I like United Airlines miles because:
- They have more airline partners than any other US airline
- They never add fuel surcharges to award tickets
- It’s easy to search for award flights
- You can instantly transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to United Airlines
The sign-up bonus on this has been as high as 50,000 United Airlines miles, so you might want to wait until that offer comes back.
But it could be a good deal for folks who need United Airlines miles quickly.
10. Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards
The sign-up bonus on the premium version of the card with a $69 annual fee is currently 45,000 Wyndham points. A night at ANY Wyndham hotel costs only 15,000 Wyndham points, so you can earn enough for 3 free nights at Wyndham’s top hotels and all-inclusive resorts!
We want make sure you get best credit card deals available! So we’ll always tell you about a better offer, even if it’s not our affiliate link.
These are 10 fantastic cards that can earn you Big Travel with Small Money, but do NOT give us a commission.
Remember, any offer you see in Hot Deals that does not have an image of the credit card, does NOT earn Emily or me a commission.
We’re happy to do this because helping you travel is why we started Million Mile Secrets in the 1st place. And we hope the more points you earn, the more you’ll connect with us to share your success stories!