Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Let’s see what you can
eat get with your Starwood points!
What’s the Meal Deal?
Link: SPG Culinary Moments
Link: SPG Moments
I’ve written about redeeming Starwood points for unforgettable experiences through SPG Moments. With Starwood points, you can buy exclusive concert & theater tickets, attend VIP sporting events, meet celebrities, and more.
Now, with SPG Culinary Moments, you can bid on terrific culinary events featuring celebrity chefs and incredible food!
Most of these are auctions, which means culinary packages will go to the highest bidder. That said, in the past, folks have been able to get amazing deals on SPG Moments packages that haven’t garnered a lot of bids.
Here are some of the culinary packages currently up for grabs. There are limited numbers available:
- A weekend at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival – Miami – includes the Amstel Light Burger Bash hosted by Rachael Ray, culinary demonstrations, and food tastings over 2 days
- An exclusive dinner at atelier Morimoto XEX – Tokyo – with celebrity Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Remember him from Iron Chef? Allez cuisine! 😉
- Dine with celebrity Chef Curtis Stone at Maude – Beverly Hills – meet the chef and enjoy a private dinner in his restaurant
- Dinner at The Girl & The Goat with Chef Stephanie Izard – Chicago – enjoy a multi-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and check out the chef’s new restaurant Duck Duck Goat, opening in March 2016
- Private dinner with Chef Daniel Boulud – New York – including an exclusive dinner at Daniel and interactive cooking demonstration with this world-renowned chef
- Private dinner with Chef Eric Ripert – New York – includes the opportunity to mingle with the chef, tour the Le Bernardin kitchen, and experience a multi-course tasting menu
- A weekend at the Pebble Beach Food & Wine Festival – California – includes cooking demonstrations, tastings, and more
- Attend a taping of the Rachael Ray Show – New York – be part of the audience and see yourself on TV!
Some of these look like fun! It could be a good excuse for me to head back to South Beach or New York! Although I might suggest skipping the auction for Rachael Ray tickets because you can get those for free. But if you’re a fan and want guaranteed entrance, it could be worth it.
These packages could be tempting to die-hard foodies or fans of these celebrity chefs. I prefer using my Starwood points for award stays or transferring them to airline partners for Big Travel. But this might be a great option if you love food.
The Future of the Starwood Program
Remember, Marriott recently announced they’re buying Starwood. So I’m not sure what will happen to the Starwood Preferred Guest program (or your points) after the merger is complete.
So if you want more Starwood points, now might be a good time to consider the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express cards. Because there are no guarantees these cards will still be offered after the merger.
With each card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after you spend $3,000 on purchases ($5,000 for the small business card) in the 1st 3 months of opening your account. And the annual fee of $95 is waived for the 1st year.
There’s a new way for foodies to redeem Starwood points! With SPG Culinary Moments, you can use points for exclusive restaurant dinners, tasting events, and more with celebrity chefs in cities around the world.
Check out other ways you can use Starwood points through SPG Moments. Remember, you might not get as much value from your points compared to redeeming them for hotel stays or transferring them to airline partners.
But the best use of miles and points is always for travel (or experiences) that are meaningful and memorable to you.
Let me know if you bid on a culinary experience! Bon appetit!