Have you had enough of winter yet? Here’s a chance for a cheap escape to the gorgeous beaches and sunshine in Maui!
Via The Flight Deal, fly on Virgin America to Kahului, Maui from 4 US cities starting at only $414 round-trip in coach!
You’ll get the cheap fares when you use the 25% off promotion code “THAW” on the Virgin America website.
But you must book by tomorrow, January 14, 2016, by 10:00 pm Pacific Time to get in on the deal!
Let’s see how to plan your Hawaiian getaway!
How to Book It
Link: Virgin America
Fly to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on Virgin America starting at ~$414 round-trip in coach from these cities:
- Dallas – ~$414
- New York – JFK – ~$510
- Newark – ~$474
- Washington, DC (Dulles) – ~$498
Use 25% off promotion code “THAW” when you’re choosing your flights to get these low fares! And you must book by tomorrow, January 14, 2016, by 10:00 pm Pacific Time.
All flights connect through San Francisco.
The fine print:
- Travel dates are from January 16, 2016, to March 16, 2016
- The promotion code is valid for 25% off Monday through Thursday
- You’ll only get 15% off with the promotion code if you travel Friday through Sunday
- Blackout dates are February 12, 2016, to February 15, 2016
- Available seats are limited
What If You’re Not in an Included City?
You can cheaply get to Dallas, New York, Newark, or Washington, DC, by using points (like British Airways Avios points) for an award flight.
British Airways Avios points are great for short-haul flights. Because it only costs 4,500 British Airways Avios points 1-way in coach for flights less than 650 miles (until February 3, 2016), and 7,500 British Airways Avios points for flights up to 1,149 miles.
Folks with the Southwest Companion Pass could fly to these cities very cheaply. That’s because with the Companion Pass, your companion flies with you for almost free on both paid and award tickets.
Or you could try to find a cheap paid ticket from your home airport to 1 of the sale cities. But do the math to see if it makes sense!
Which Card to Use?
Remember to pay with a card that will earn you bonus points for your ticket:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a flight to Maui, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending.
Check out my post on how to decide where to stay in Hawaii using hotel points. Emily and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui and the Grand Wailea Waldorf-Astoria Resort during our spring break trip to Maui, and both hotels were outstanding!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: If you prefer to book paid stays, check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized!).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on accommodations, especially for longer stays. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price, and how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
Fly to Maui from Dallas, New York, Newark, or Washington, DC, on Virgin America starting at just ~$414 round-trip in coach!
Book by tomorrow, January 14, 2016, by 10:00 pm Pacific Time. To get the deal, enter promotion code “THAW” when you book through the Virgin America website.
Travel dates are January 16, 2016, to March 16, 2016, and available seats are limited. Book soon if you’re interested, and you’ll be on the beach sipping mai tais in no time!
Let me know if you book a trip!