Via The Points Guy, British Airways will extend the discount for 10% off round-trip British Airways flights to folks who have the Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card.
This is a fantastic perk of the card, and an easy way to save money!
Plus, you can stack the 10% off with the AARP British Airways discount to save even more! I’ll explain!
What’s the Deal?
If you purchase British Airways flights, the Chase British Airways card is worth adding to your wallet.
That’s because Chase cardmembers get 10% off British Airways flights. And, British Airways has extended the discount for flights departing through December 31, 2016. That’s great news!
And right now there’s a fantastic sign-up bonus on the card of a total of 100,000 British Airways Avios points.
You’ll also get:
- 3 British Airways Avios points per $1 you spend on British Airways purchases
- 1 British Airways Avios point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Earn a Travel Together Ticket (your companion flies with you on a British Airways award flight for just the cost of taxes and fees) when you spend $30,000 on the card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived for the 1st year. But it’s worth it for British Airways Avios points, even if you don’t want to earn the full sign-up bonus!
There are a few things to keep in mind when using the discount:
- Flights must be round-trip
- Flights must be operated by British Airways or OpenSkies
- Use promotion code “CARDOFFERU” to get the discount
- Discount is off the total cost of the fare including taxes, fees, and carrier charges
- Travel in any cabin of service
Plus, you can purchase up to 8 tickets for friends and family members, as long as they’re on the same flight! That could really add up!
Sweeten the Deal by “Retiring” Early
Link: Join AARP
Anyone can join AARP for $16! You do NOT have to be retired or over 50.
Once you’re a member, you’ll get AARP discounts on British Airways flights to Europe.
- $65 for round-trip coach flights
- $130 for round-trip Premium Economy flights
- $400 for round-trip Business Class or First Class flights
Note that flights must be Trans-Atlantic. You can book these flights through October 31, 2016.
To see how much I could save, I selected round-trip coach flights from New York to London in March 2016. The flights were ~$746 without discounts.
But when I shopped through AARP, then applied the 10% promotion code, the price dropped to ~$642 – a savings of over $100!
Combine With British Airways Sales to Save Big on Business Class
I found round-trip Business Class flights between New York and London in December and January for ~$1,981 after the $400 AARP discount was applied.
Then, when I applied promotion code “CARDOFFERU“, the price dropped by ~$198 (10%) to ~$1,783! Terrific savings!
If you purchase 1 flight per year, you could easily off-set the $95 annual fee on the Chase British Airways card AND the AARP $16 membership fee!
Plus, you can earn a total of 100,000 British Airways Avios points with the the Chase British Airways card. Check out my guide on how to book British Airways Awards like a pro to see where you can go!
This is a great perk of the card, so I’m glad they decided to extend it!
You can travel in any cabin of service, but flights must be round-trip and operated by British Airways or OpenSkies. Use promotion code “CARDOFFERU” to get the discount when you check-out.
You can get additional discounts on British Airways flights when you join AARP for $16 a year.
Let me know if you’ve saved money with either discount!