Need a cheap vacation this winter?
Save money (or points) with Southwest’s latest sale! One-way flights start at just $59, and some routes are incredible deals!
Note: Like previous Southwest sales, travel on Fridays and Sundays is excluded, so you won’t save on a quick weekend getaway!
I’ll highlight the best deals!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Southwest Fare Sale
You can book 1-way flights for a little as $59 with Southwest’s newest sale.
But you must book today, November 20, 2015, by 11:59 pm in the time zone of the city you’re traveling from.
This deal is valid for travel from December 8, 2015, to February 10, 2016. Travel on Friday and Saturday is excluded, and there are blackout dates from December 22, 2015, to January 3, 2016. So no Christmas or New Year’s trips.
And, you can only travel on domestic non-stop routes on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. So, there are a lot of conditions to meet.
But if you can make the dates work, you could get a fantastic deal!
Fly between these cities for only ~$118 round-trip:
- Austin to Fort Lauderdale
- Baltimore to Chicago
- Boston to Houston
- Burbank to San Francisco
- Columbus to Washington, DC
- Dallas to New York
- Dallas to New Orleans
- Denver to Las Vegas
- …and more!
For example, you can fly from Boston to Houston for ~$59 each way (~$118 round-trip).
And lots of other cities are included in the sale, although prices are higher.
Don’t forget with Southwest, when paid flights are cheaper, award flights are cheaper too! For the flights above, you’ll pay only ~5,800 Southwest points. That’s a terrific deal for non-stop round-trip flights!
When you book with points, you’ll only pay the cost of taxes and fees, which are ~$6 each way or ~$11 round-trip.
And remember, folks with the Southwest Companion Pass can bring a partner along with them for nearly free!
Why I Love to Fly Southwest
In addition to the savings, there are lots of other benefits to flying Southwest including:
- Cancel Without Penalty – You can always book now and cancel later. On award flights the points and taxes will be refunded. And if you book a paid flight, as long as you cancel within 10 minutes before your flight, you’ll get a credit towards another Southwest flight (good for 1 year)
- Change Without Fees – If your plans change, you can make adjustments to your flight for free. However, if your new flight costs more, you’ll have to pay the difference.
- 2 Checked Bags for Free – Every passenger gets 2 free checked bags. This saves you ~$25 per bag.
- Bring Someone Along for the Ride for Free – With the Southwest Companion Pass, a friend or family member flies with you for free for up to 2 years! This is an amazing deal and it’s the reason why Emily and I fly Southwest almost exclusively on domestic flights. You can earn the Companion Pass in 8 easy steps!
So even if you’ve already booked flights, you can cancel and rebook at the lower rates because of Southwest’s generous cancellation policy. Or if your plans change, you can change your flights with no penalty!
Need More Southwest Points?
If you don’t have enough points, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest instantly at a 1:1 ratio if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Plus, or (no longer offered) Chase Ink Bold cards.
Southwest has 1-way fares on sale for as low as $59. To take part in this deal, you must book today, November 20, 2015, by 11:59 pm in the time zone you’re flying from. And travel from December 8, 2015, to February 10, 2016.
Travel on Friday and Saturday is excluded, and there are blackout dates from December 22, 2015, to January 3, 2016. The fare only applies for non-stop domestic flights for Tuesday and Wednesday departures.
There are also lots of other routes on sale, so it’s worth checking if you can get a cheap winter vacation out of this deal!
It’s even better if you have the Southwest Companion Pass because your favorite person can fly with you for nearly free!
Remember you can also transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest to book ~$118 round-trip flights for under 6,000 Southwest points!