JetBlue is having a terrific sale with round-trip coach tickets as low as $78 between certain cities.
But to get in on the deal, you must book today, November 18, 2015, by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (or local time, whichever is earlier).
This could be a great opportunity for a cheap last-minute getaway before the holidays! Or a relaxing break afterwards.
Let’s see where you can go!
What’s the Deal?
Link: JetBlue Fare Sale
There are blackout dates between December 17, 2015, and January 6, 2016. Plus January 8, 2016, and February 4 to 9, 2016 (for San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland only – that’s during the Superbowl).
Other cities may have other blackout dates, so read the fine print.
Remember, you must book by today, November 18, 2015, by 11:59 pm Eastern (or local) time, whichever is earliest for you.
Here are some round-trip deals I found interesting! Fly between:
- Albany and Orlando – $188
- Baltimore and Fort Lauderdale – $118
- Boston and New York – $98
- Charleston and Fort Lauderdale – $78
- New York and Ft. Myers – $198
I don’t fly JetBlue, but I have friends who are loyal flyers because of their extra legroom, complimentary in-flight Wi-Fi, and free Doritos. 😉
Remember, JetBlue recently started charging for your 1st checked bag on their lowest fares. Read my post about why it might make sense to pay a slightly higher fare!
And don’t forget, if you don’t collect JetBlue points, you can now credit your paid flight to Singapore Airlines instead.
If you already have a lot of JetBlue points, you might consider using them to book cheaper award flights now. That’s because the price of a JetBlue award flight depends on the cost of a paid ticket!
Don’t Forget to Use the Right Card!
Remember to use a card that will earn you bonus points:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized!).
And Airbnb is a great way to save money on accommodations, especially for longer stays. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price, and how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
But to get the deal, you must book by today, November 18, 2015, by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (or local time, whichever is earlier).
Travel between December 2, 2016, and February 10, 2016. There are blackout dates around the holidays and for specific cities, so read the fine print.
This could be a terrific opportunity for folks to sneak away for a holiday shopping weekend. Or an escape to warmer climates now that it’s getting colder!
Let me know if you book a ticket!