We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Folks who love amusement parks, Las Vegas high rollers, and travelers who want cheap car rentals or Marriott hotel stays could do very well with next week’s Daily Getaways deals!
Let’s take a peek at next week’s deals and see where you’ll save the most money!
How Does It Work?
Link: Daily Getaways 2015
Until April 24, 2015, a new deal will be available on the Daily Getaways website each weekday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time.
You’ll have to be quick! There are a limited number of deals (sometimes only a handful), and once they’re sold out, the deal is done. Last year, some offers sold out within minutes.
You can NOT buy a deal until the date and time they are offered.
Note: Last year, you’d get another 10% discount if you used your American Express card. But there’s no discount this year.
Deals for Week 4: April 13 to April 17, 2015
1. April 13, 2015: Discount Universal Orlando Packages
Have you always wanted to take your family to Florida for a visit to Universal Studios Orlando? Here’s your chance to do it cheaply (or in high style!).
There are 3 packages available:
- Four 3-day admission tickets to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure for $700
- Universal Orlando Resort Private VIP Experience for up to 12 people for $3,042 (only 1 available, good luck!)
- Universal Orlando Resort Vacation Package for 4 people (includes airfare, 3 nights hotel, and park tickets) for $2,472
Note: Florida residents will do better buying tickets directly from Universal Orlando, because they get a discount. Four 3-day adult tickets only cost ~$644.
And the Universal Orlando Resort package is an excellent deal. I checked the prices for a 3-night stay for a family of 4 at the included hotels (Loews Portofino Bay at Universal Orlando, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and Hard Rock Hotel).
The cheapest I found was ~$1,700 and this does not include airfare or park admission! Daily Getaways costs $2,472 including airfare for 4 and 3 days of theme park tickets.
That said, check Mousesavers for other ways to get discounted Universal Orlando packages.
2. April 14, 2015: Discount Caesars Las Vegas Packages
If you missed out on some of the earlier Las Vegas Daily Getaways deals, here’s another chance to get a luxury experience for less!
You can choose from 6 packages:
- A 2-night stay in a Mini-Suite at Harrah’s Las Vegas (includes 2 buffet passes) for $299
- A 2-night stay at Caesars Palace (includes 2 buffet passes) for $465
- A 2-night stay at a Caesars Las Vegas hotel of your choice (includes $100 dining credit, $150 spa credit, and champagne) for $425
- A 2-night stay in a Nobu Room at Nobu Hotel (includes dinner for 2 at Nobu Restaurant up to $300 value and in-room tea service) for $590
- A 2-night stay in a Hollywood Hip King room at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas (includes dinner for 2, show tickets, and champagne) for $500
- A 2-night stay in a Premium Studio Suite at Rio All-Suite Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (includes $100 dining credit and a round of golf for 2 people at Rio Secco Golf Club) for $520
I checked paid rates at all the included hotels. Usually, the rate for just the room costs more than the Daily Getaways package (and didn’t include any extras!).
For example, the paid rate for 2 weekend nights at the Nobu Hotel in June 2015 is ~$925 including taxes and resort fees. With Daily Getaways, you’d pay $590 (and get a $300 dining credit at top-rated Nobu Restaurant).
Read the fine print on each offer carefully, because there are blackout dates. And definitely compare the paid rates on the dates you’re interested in. But these look like fantastic deals!
3. April 15, 2015: Discounted Hertz Car Rentals
Here’s another deal on car rentals. You can buy Hertz points at a discounted rate to use toward your choice of rental. You do NOT have to use the points for the type of rental specified (they’re just examples).
You can get:
- 5,500 Hertz points (enough for a 1-week standard vehicle rental) for $252
- 13,200 Hertz points (enough for a 4-day weekend Prestige Collection rental) for $428
- 16,500 Hertz points (enough for a 1-week Prestige Collection rental) for $698
This is a deal where you’ll really have to crunch some numbers. If you use the points to rent vehicles at off-peak times (Standard Rewards), you could do very well!
For example, 5,500 points ($252 through Daily Getaways) is enough for 2 free weekly rentals (8 to 14 days each) as a standard (off-peak) award. That’s a price that’s hard to beat.
But keep in mind, there are lots of other ways to save money on car rentals. Unless you’re a frequent renter, you could do better using sites like Hotwire or Priceline. Or using AutoSlash to watch for reduced prices on your reservations!
4. April 16, 2015: Discounted Busch Gardens and SeaWorld Tickets
You can get:
- A 1-day admission ticket to any Busch Gardens park (Tampa or Williamsburg) for $45
- A 1-day admission ticket to any SeaWorld park (Orlando, San Antonio, or San Diego) for $49
You can buy a maximum of 6 tickets per deal.
Normally, Busch Gardens single-day tickets cost $75 ($65 for kids age 3 to 9). So you’d save $20 to $30.
SeaWorld 1-day tickets have different prices depending on location:
- Orlando – $85 (all ages)
- San Antonio – $47 ($37 for kids age 3 to 9)
- San Diego – $89 ($83 for kids age 3 to 9)
So do NOT do this deal if you’re planning a trip to SeaWorld San Antonio. It’s cheaper to book directly through SeaWorld.
And check Mousesavers for other ways to get discounted tickets before you commit to this deal.
5. April 17, 2015: Discounted Marriott Gift Cards
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- Gaylord Hotels
- JW Marriott
- Marriott Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Moxy Hotels
- Protea Hotels
- Renaissance Hotels
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Springhill Suites by Marriott
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
You could get:
- A $100 Marriott gift card for $80
- A $500 Marriott gift card for $400
- A $1,000 Marriott gift card for $800
This is a great deal if you’re planning on paid stays at Marriott hotels anyway, and the gift cards do NOT expire.
Remember, you’ll also earn points on these stays (and through promotions like Marriott MegaBonus).
I expect these will sell out in minutes!
Week 4 of Daily Getaways travel deals start April 13, 2015.
I’m excited about the deal for Marriott gift cards! And most folks will save money with the Universal Orlando packages and tickets to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld.
These deals usually sell out fast. But always do the math before you buy, because even though you’ll usually get a bargain, occasionally it’s not a good deal.
And don’t forget to set a calendar alert for the deals you want.
There’s 1 more week of previews coming, so stay tuned!
Which deal is your favorite this week?