Update: This offer is no longer available. But check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
Until December 21, 2014, American Express has increased the sign-up bonus on the Gold Delta SkyMiles (personal) and Gold Delta SkyMiles (business) cards.
On the application page, click on “Are You a Business Owner?” to see business offer.
You’ll get 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the 1st 3 months. And if you make a Delta purchase in the 1st 3 months, you’ll also get a $50 statement credit.
Normally, the sign-up bonus is 30,000 miles, so this is a very good deal!
These aren’t my links, but I’ll always tell you about better offers, even if they don’t earn us a commission.
The annual fee of $95 is waived for the 1st year. But there’s less than 1 week left to apply.
What’s the Deal?
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal)
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business)
Note: To see the business card offer, click on “Are You a Business Owner?” on the landing page.
You’ll earn a sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles with both of these cards after you meet the minimum spending requirement of $1,000 in the 1st 3 months. You’ll also get:
- A $50 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase in the 1st 3 months
- 1st checked bag free for yourself and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation
- 2 miles per $1 you spend on Delta
- 1 mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- 20% discount on in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Pay With Miles
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- AMEX OPEN discounts (business card only)
- No foreign transaction fees
This isn’t the 1st time they’ve increased the sign-up bonus on these cards this year. And if you’ve had the personal version of the card before, you can NOT get the bonus again.
But you could get the bonus again on the business version of the card, even if you’ve had it in the past. That’s because the terms and conditions say:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months
Where Can You Go With 50,000 Delta Miles?
Link: Delta Award Chart
Delta is updating their award chart effective January 1, 2015. The best part of the change is that they’ll now allow 1-way award tickets.
With the sign-up bonus, you could get:
- 2 round-trip coach class tickets to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to Hawaii for 45,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to the Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America for 35,000 miles
- A round-trip Business Class ticket to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
Some folks think Delta miles are hard to use, and they can be sometimes (especially compared to other airlines). But in my experience, as long as your travel dates are flexible, you can often find award seats on many routes.
That said, you don’t have to use Delta miles on Delta. You could redeem them for flights on SkyTeam airlines like KLM or Air France. Or on non-alliance partners like Hawaiian Airlines and Alaska Airlines.
American Express has increased the sign-up bonus on the personal and business versions of the Gold Delta SkyMiles cards. To see the business offer, click on “Are You a Business Owner?”
You’ll get 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the 1st 3 months. And you’ll get a $50 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase in the same timeframe.
But remember these offers end on December 21, 2014.
Where would you go with 50,000 Delta miles?