Update: The Chase Ink Plus 70,000 point offer is no longer available, but check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
Some folks who have the Chase Ink Plus card have asked if they can get a 2nd card and get the 70,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards point sign-up bonus.
Note: The Chase Ink Plus 70,000 point bonus offer ends on October 19, 2014.
Some folks have reported success in getting 2 Chase Ink Plus cards for separate businesses. Keep reading to find out how you can get 2 Chase Ink Plus cards.
Chase Ink Plus
Link: Chase Ink Plus
You can get 70,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points from the Chase Ink Plus card when you spend $5,000 in the 1st 3 months.
The Chase Ink Plus is 1 of my favorite business cards because you get:
- 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend at office supply stores, and on cable, internet, and wireless purchases
- 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend at gas stations and hotels (booked directly with the hotel)
- NO foreign transaction fees (great for using outside the US)
Emily and I have used our Chase Ultimate Rewards points to:
- Stay at Hyatt hotels like the Grand Hyatt Kauai, Park Hyatt Milan, and Park Hyatt Zurich
- Fly Business Class to India on United Airlines
Getting 2 Chase Ink Plus Cards
If you have 2 different businesses, Chase may allow you to sign-up for another Chase Ink business card for your other business. Some folks on Flyertalk (as have I) have gotten 2 Chase Ink Plus cards for separate businesses.
However, a reader wrote in that he was denied the bonus on 2 separate businesses for the Chase Southwest cards because he had received the bonus in the past 24 months. The terms for the Ink card say:
Previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.
So if you didn’t get the bonus on the Ink card within the last 24 months, you should be able to get it again. If you did get the bonus for a different business, it is unclear if you will get the bonus again. You used to get it historically, but I don’t have any recent experience.
The previous version of Chase Ink cards were MasterCards, but the current versions are Visa cards. Folks report being able to get the bonus again if they previously had a MasterCard, but applied for a Visa version.
Increase Your Chances to Get Approved for a 2nd Chase Ink Plus Card
Chase (and other banks) look at different factors when determining if you’re approved for a credit card.
To help increase your chance of approval, you should:
- Know the 5 dangers of applying for credit cards
- Have started your business (although it can be a new business)
- Have your information (read how to apply for a Chase business card)
- Have limited recent credit card applications
The 70,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points on the Chase Ink Plus is a great sign-up bonus. But be careful that you don’t get your Chase cards shut down.
Because of the 70,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Plus card folks have been asking if they can get multiple Chase Ink Plus cards.
Yes, you can get more than 1 Chase Ink Plus card!
You can qualify for a business card as a new business.
What has been your experience applying for a 2nd Chase Ink Plus card?