Update: A credit card offer in this post, may no longer be available, but check the Hot Deals for the latest offers!
For a limited time, the Barclaycard Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® is offering an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 Lufthansa miles when you spend $5,000 within 90 days.
You can use those miles to fly on United Airlines to Hawaii, the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, and more!
I’ll tell you who should and should NOT consider applying for this offer!
What You Get With the Lufthansa Barclaycard
Link: Barclaycard Miles & More Lufthansa card
- 20,000 Lufthansa miles after your 1st purchase and payment of the $79 annual fee
- 30,000 more miles after spending $5,000 within 90 days
- 2 miles per $1 you spend on tickets purchased directly from Miles & More airline partners (such as Brussels Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, & SWISS)
- 1 mile per $1 you spend on all other purchases
- NO foreign transaction fees
The $79 annual fee is NOT waived for the 1st year.
Because Lufthansa is a Star Alliance member, you can use Lufthansa miles to book flights on United Airlines (or any other Star Alliance airline).
The Lufthansa’s Star Alliance award chart shows you the number of miles necessary for award flights.
You could use 50,000 Lufthansa miles to get 2 low-level domestic coach award tickets on United. And you won’t pay fuel surcharges using Lufthansa miles on United Airlines within the US.
For example, you could use the 55,000 Lufthansa miles (50,000 sign-up bonus + 5,000 miles from minimum spending) for
- 1 round-trip coach flight to Hawaii from the US mainland on United Airlines (40,000 Lufthansa miles)
- 1 round-trip Business Class ticket within the US & Canada (55,000 Lufthansa miles)
- 1 round-trip coach flight to Central America & the Caribbean (35,000 Lufthansa miles)
This is a very good offer for folks who already have the other major Barclaycard travel cards such as the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard and Barclaycard US Airways card. However, you will pay fuel surcharges for flights on Lufthansa. But check out my series on how to avoid paying these fuel surcharges.
Folks who aren’t sure if they can unlock the 50,000 Lufthansa mile bonus by spending $5,000 within 3 months can look at these 40+ ways to meet credit card minimum spending requirements.
Who Should NOT Apply for the Barclaycard Miles & More Lufthansa Card?
Because Barclaycard doesn’t allow folks to sign-up for more than 1 to 2 of their cards per year, you probably would do better by 1st getting their other cards.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus gives you a lot of flexibility because you can use the sign-up bonus to fly on any airline at any time.
The Barclaycard Premier Miles & More Lufthansa card has an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 Lufthansa miles. The previous bonus was 20,000 miles! Check out my series on Lufthansa miles for more ways on how to use them!
You can use the sign-up bonus of 50,000 Lufthansa miles to fly on partner United Airlines. And that’s enough miles to get you round-trip to Hawaii in coach or anywhere in the US & Canada in Business Class!