Can You Use the Sign-Up Bonus From the Barclaycard Arrival Plus as a Statement Credit for the Minimum Spending?
Million Mile SecretsMillion Mile Secrets Team
Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners.
Million Mile Secrets reader Kumar just signed-up Barclaycard Arrival Plus card and comments:
Can I request the statement credit towards the cost of the $3,000 I spent on travel which met the minimum spending requirement and triggered the sign-up-bonus to some extent?
Yes, Kumar can credit his sign-up bonus of 40,000 Arrival miles, towards the $3,000 he spent to meet the minimum spending requirement.
Link: Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
Kumar will get 40,000 Arrival miles for spending $3,000 on his Barclaycard Arrival Plus within the first 3 months.
Arrival miles can be redeemed for statement credits at .05 cents per mile towards everyday spending. But 1 cent per mile if used towards travel expenses. And Kumar will get 5% of miles redeemed for travel back.
Yes, You Can Use the Credits Towards Your Minimum Spending!
Link: How to Redeem Barclaycard Arrival Miles
Kumar can use his 40,000 Arrival miles as a statement credit towards the $3,000 he spent on travel, which also met his minimum spending requirement.
Because this is a travel expense he will receive a $400 statement credit for his 40,000 miles. And he will get an extra 2,000 miles (worth ~$20) for redeeming towards travel!
On top of the sign-up bonus, he also earns 2X Arrival miles on the $3,000 he spent. This gives him another 6,000 Arrival miles. He’ll earn 5% miles back (300 Arrival miles) only when he redeems for travel expenses.
When you sign-up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus card you get 40,000 Arrival miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months.
You can redeem your Arrival miles as a $200 to $420 statement credit towards the $3,000 in minimum spending you complete!
If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 25,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
17.24% - 24.24% Variable
Rates & Fees
- Annual Fee $0 Intro for the First Year, then $95
- Credit Needed Excellent Credit
- Issuer Chase
- Card Type Visa
Editorial Disclaimer: Neither the editorial content nor the comments on this site are provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.