From April 15, 2014, 100 IHG Hotels will cost you 5,000 fewer points. And IHG says that they won’t increase points for hotel stays for the rest of 2014.
The full list of hotels changing hasn’t been released yet.
But here is a preview:
- InterContinental Hotel Shanghai-Puxi, China – 35,000 to 30,000 points
- Crowne Plaza Geneva, Switzerland – 35,000 to 30,000 points
- Hotel Indigo Fort Myers Downtown River District, Florida – 30,000 to 25,000 points
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort, Phuket, Thailand – 20,000 to 15,000 points
- Holiday Inn Ciudad De Mexico – Trade Center, Mexico – 15,000 to 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt – Messe, Germany – 25,000 to 20,000 points
- Staybridge Suites – San Antonio – Stone Oak, Texas – 20,000 to 15,000 points
- Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach – Norfolk, Virginia – 25,000 to 20,000 points
If you plan to stay at
1 of these hotels, wait until April 15, 2014, to save points! And if you’ve already booked your stay, you could cancel and re-book later (so that you can book at the lower rate). However, there is NO guarantee rooms will still be available.
100 IHG hotels will cost 5,000 fewer points starting April 15, 2014. And NO IHG hotels will increase in points for the rest of 2014!
I like to see changes that don’t cost me more points. This is good news, especially if you already had plans to stay at
1 of the hotels that will cost less.
While this short list doesn’t include the best IHG hotels, it has some popular destinations. I’m curious to see the full list of hotels.