We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Emily Jablon: Daraius and I went to Europe in September to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for ~2 weeks. It was my first time in Italy so I was very excited! In Italy, we visited Varenna on Lake Como, Milan, Venice, and Rome.
Since we were in Europe, we visited a friend in Strasbourg, France and also spent a night in Zurich. We started our trip with a one day layover in Chicago to see friends!
Our Anniversary To Italy – Trip Report Index:
- Part 1 – Planning & Introduction
- Part 2 – Park Hyatt, Chicago
- Part 3 – One Day in Chicago
- Part 4 – Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Part 5 – Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, London
- Part 6 – Under the Channel to Strasbourg
- Part 7 – Hotel Cathedrale, Strasbourg
- Part 8 – What did we do in Strasbourg
- Part 9 – Eating in Strasbourg
- Part 10 – Park Hyatt, Zurich
- Part 11 – 10 Hours in Zurich
- Part 12 – Hotel Eremo Gaudio in Varenna, Italy
- Part 13 – What to do in Varenna, Italy
- Part 14 – Eating in Varenna, Italy
- Part 15 – Park Hyatt, Milan
- Part 16 – What Did We Do in Milan
- Part 17 – Eating in Milan
- Part 18 – Hilton Molino Stucky, Venice
- Part 19 – Around the Hilton Molino Stucky & Free Shuttle Boat Details
- Part 20 – What we did in Venice
- Part 21 – Eating in Venice
- Part 22 – Waldorf-Astoria, Rome Cavalieri
- Part 23 – Eating in Rome, Part 1
- Part 24 – Emily’s Best Meal Was in Italy!
- Part 25 – Rome Cavalieri Imperial Floor
- Part 26 – Activities in Rome
- Part 27 – Activities in Rome – Where to Go, What to See, How to Save Time
- Part 28 – Virgin Atlantic Flight from Europe to US
- Part 29 – Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Daraius and I had a wonderful time in Italy and were happy to use our miles and points for the flights and some hotels, which saved lots of money!
I couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary trip! We took a water taxi through the Venetian canals, climbed to the top of the dome at St. Peter’s Basilica, rode bikes around the Villa Borghese Gardens, and had some great meals! I even got Daraius to dance with me in the streets of Rome!
Now to the fun part – let’s give away 3 gift packs:
Gift Pack #1
- Set of Murrina Glass Earrings
- Coliseum Men’s T-shirt
- Latin Words Sticker Book
- Coliseum Shopping Bag
- Virgin Atlantic Model Plane
Gift Pack #2
- Men’s Ferrari Cap
- Ladies’ Murrina Glass Necklace
- “Everyday Life in Imperial Rome” Book
- One Chicago Ladies’ T-shirt
- Virgin Atlantic Kids’ Construction Set
- Rome Travel Case
Gift Pack #3
- Virgin Atlantic Model Plane
- Ferrari Water Bottle
- “I love Rome” Ladies’ T-shirt
- “Kid’s Guide to Rome” Book
- Fiat 500 Travel Case
How to Enter
1. Leave a Comment
You can enter by leaving ONE comment on which city in Italy you’d most like to visit. I’ll pick 2 commenters who will win the 1st 2 prize packs after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, February 22, 2014 (today).
Follow Million Mile Secrets on twitter, and tweet once to @MilMileSecrets telling me which city in Italy you’d most like to visit. You have to follow @MilMileSecrets to be eligible.
Don’t forget to include the hashtag “#MMSITGiveaway”
I’ll pick a tweeter who wins the 3rd prize pack above after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, February 22, 2014 (today).
Fine Print: You have to comment by 8:59 pm Central Time on February 22, 2014 (today). I make all the decisions regarding the giveaway and there is no appeal.