1. 5 Free 10% discount codes on American Airlines. Million Mile Secrets reader Ada (thanks!) has very generously donated five 10% discount codes on American Airlines which were earned from a promotion by Riese Restaurants in New York.
If you do use the codes, Ada requests you to pay it forward and to let us know in the comments where you used it to travel.
You have to use the code by May 15, 2012, for travel beginning February 21, 2012 through May 21, 2012. There are blackout days (see full Terms and Conditions below.
Code #1: VKYM6PE9TR4E
Code #2: VKYM6YQ6JK74
Code #3: VKYM9UE5K355
Code #4: VKYM9K6M7J9R
Code #5: VKYM97CW4HV5
Terms and Conditions
American Airlines is pleased to offer Riese Restaurants Roundtrip for Citymeals a special discount of 10% for your next trip! This exclusive AA.com Promotion Code may be used only once by May 15, 2012, for travel beginning February 21, 2012 through May 21, 2012.
- Purchase period– February 15, 2012-May 15, 2012 11:59pm CT
- Travel period – February 21, 2012-May 21, 2012
- Discount may be used for six passengers on a single purchase
- Travel is valid to/from any American Airlines destination worldwide
- Travel must be booked and purchased on AA.com
Eligible travel applies to new reservations on one-way or round-trip on American Airlines excluding code share.
Travel not valid on following dates: March 9-12, 16-18, 23-25, April 6-9, 2012.
(Hat Tip to Ada!)
2. Free Accor Platinum Status. View from the Wing writes that you can, once again, get free Platinum status from Accor hotels.
The comments in Gary’s post suggest that you can sign-up for the Platinum status from Accor hotels and then ask other hotel chains such as Best Western, Priority Club (email email@example.com), and Club Carlson (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to match that status.
I stayed at a Best Western last year in the UK, and my elite status (matched from Hyatt) got me a very comfortable room in the main hotel, compared to my colleagues who, hmmm, were dispatched to a tiny room in far away annex.
I kept mum about my elite status and chalked up the better room to luck because they were really upset with their room. Like Rapid Travel Chai, I don’t evangelize at work, but am happy to help when asked.
(Hat Tip to View from the Wing)