American Airlines First Class
This is a continuation of our First Class trip to India, a journey where we had Big Travel with Small Money!
Trip Report Index:
- American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge and Flagship Lounge – Kansas City & Chicago
- American Airlines Flagship/First Class – Chicago to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London Heathrow
- British Airways – (New) First Class – London to Mumbai, India
- An Indian Wedding Extravaganza
- Lalit InterContinental – Mumbai, India
- Park Hyatt – Goa, India
- Jet Airways, First Class – Mumbai, India to London
- Jet Airways, Business Class – Mumbai, India to London
- American Airlines, First Class – London to Chicago
- American Airlines, Business Class – London to Chicago
Emily Jablon: We arrived in London, and I proceeded to my gate to get on my American Airlines flight. After my first class experience with Jet, I was expecting to be personally escorted through security and on to my gate. But that did not happen. I had to make a beeline to get to my new gate where my American Airlines flight was.
My American Airlines flight was disappointing compared to the Jet Airways flight. First class was packed, unlike Jet where there were only two of us. Also, the staff didn’t treat my fish allergy seriously, and I was very taken aback to find a bag of garbage hanging on the back of one gentleman’s seat.
I wanted to send a complaint about the trash bag hanging by the seats, so I decided to take a picture. Right after I took a picture, the staff yelled at me to delete the picture immediately and that it was against policy. Fumbling with the camera, I “deleted” the picture, but somehow it stayed on my memory stick!
I slept through most of the flight, but it was very similar to our earlier experience on American Airlines First Class except that the service seemed slightly worse. If I had to do it again, I would rather spend the same amount of miles for a flight on British Airways or Jet Airways instead of American Airlines.
Daraius: Emily is extremely easy-to-please and doesn’t ask for much so the service on her flight must have been poor.