1. Last Chance to Win up to $400 in Hyatt Gift Cards
One Mile at a Time wants to know what topics you’d like to see covered during the next Frequent Flyer University in Dallas.
Just answer the following questions in the comments section of his post by February 13, 2015, (today) at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time:
- Have you attended a Frequent Traveler University in the past?
- If Yes, what topics have you most enjoyed learning about?
- If No, what topics would you most like to learn about or discuss at a FTU?
Update: I see some folks are responding here. Again, this contest is happening at One Mile at a Time. So please post your responses there for a chance to win!
1 “Lucky” Winner Will Receive a $400 Hyatt Gift Card and Another Will Win a $100 Hyatt Gift Card
I hope you win!
2. Another Great Deal From Club Carlson (Ends Today!)
You can save money when you stay at hotels that offer free breakfast.
Why Pay for a Hotel Breakfast When You Can Get It Free?
Some hotels offer free breakfast to everyone, while others only give free breakfast to elite members of their loyalty programs.
Keep reading to find out which hotels make the most important meal of the day the least expensive one!
1. Save $100 When You Spend $350 or More on Travelocity Hotels
You can save $100 when you book a hotel stay of $350 or more on Travelocity by January 28, 2015 (tomorrow!). Just enter promotional code “2DAY100″.
Put a $100 Back in Your Wallet With Promotion Code “2DAY100″
To get the discount, you must stay at least 3 nights by December 31, 2015. You will NOT get the discount on Travelocity’s “Top Secret Hotels.”
There is a looong list of hotels that aren’t included such as Hilton, IHG, Marriott, and Starwood. So this deal may not work for everyone.
Be sure to compare Travelocity’s prices with other sites like Expedia to be sure you’re really saving!
2. Earn 10,000 Bonus Points per Night at Certain Radisson Hotels
I’ve written about using Award Mapper to search for award nights at different chain hotels all at the same time. It’s a great time-saver!
But now there’s a smarter award night search tool.
Hotel Hustle will show you:
- Chain hotels in a specified city (map or list view)
- Number of points required for an award night
- Available award rooms for specific dates
- Paid cost of the room (for comparison)
- Value (cents per point and if it’s a good deal overall)
And if an award night isn’t available, you can set up alerts. If the room you want becomes available with points, Hotel Hustle will email you to let you know!
Hotel Hustle Searches for Available Award Nights, Compares Cost of a Paid Room, and Lets You Set up Alerts
I love new travel tools that help save time and aggravation!
How Does It Work?
Update: Thanks to Million Mile Secrets readers for pointing out that many folks don’t stay right in San Jose or Belize City. Emily and I haven’t been to these destinations, so it’s helpful when our readers add their experiences! We hope these guides can save folks time when searching for hotels, and that our readers continue sharing their feedback and advice.
In response to the news that Southwest will start flying to Belize, Million Mile Secrets reader Julianna commented:
Someone should do a post on points and rewards hotels in Belize…just sayin’.
I’m taking this a step further and checking out which hotels are available using points in all of Southwest’s new international destinations!
We’ll continue by looking at Southwest’s new destinations in Central America:
- Belize (Belize City) (Starting June 2015)
- Costa Rica (San Jose) (Starting March 2015)
Want to See the Mayan Ruins in Belize? Southwest Will Take You There Starting June 2015