Million Mile Secrets reader, Jonathan, commented
What is the best direction for someone who doesn’t have an immediate use for miles & points in the near future, but would like to stockpile them for a few years until life becomes less hectic and allows us to travel?
When we do eventually travel, it will be a mix of domestic and international.
I’m looking to join loyalty programs according to Step 2 in your Beginner’s Guide to Miles & Points
. But it’s a little overwhelming because there are so many to choose from.
Which are the main ones I should look into? Or does it depend on the cards I have?
Jonathan wants to earn points now for travel he’s planning a few years down the road. How should he get started?
And which loyalty programs should you sign-up for, if you’re new to collecting miles and points?
There Are So Many Rewards Programs! Where Should You Start?
Posted in Airlines, American Airlines, American Express, AMEX Starwood (SPG), Chase Hyatt, Chase IHG Rewards, Citi Hilton, Citi Hilton Reserve, Citi Prestige, Citibank, Credit Cards, Hilton HHonors, Hotels, Hyatt, IHG, Membership Rewards, Southwest, Starwood (SPG), Ultimate Rewards, United Airlines
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook or Twitter!
Thanks to everyone who left a comment and tweeted to win the $200 in Visa Gift Cards giveaway.
Are You 1 of This Week’s Winners?
Posted in Airlines, Blog History, Chase, Chase Marriott, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Credit Cards, Giveaways, Hotels, Marriott, Southwest, United Airlines
Daraius: One of my favorite treats is attending the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting (affectionately called “Woodstock for Capitalists”) in Omaha, Nebraska. I went to my 1st meeting in 2007 with my good friend Mike, and I was hooked!
This year I attended the meeting with my friends Stefan, who writes Rapid Travel Chai, and Mike.
The Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting Isn’t Just for Wall Street Insiders
Anyone can attend, I’ll show you how!
Posted in Airlines, American Airlines, American Express, AMEX Starwood (SPG), British Airways, Chase, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Credit Cards, Hilton HHonors, Hotels, Hyatt, IHG, Membership Rewards, Southwest, Starwood (SPG), Ultimate Rewards, United Airlines
Daraius: Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger are 2 of my heroes! So I was really looking forward to attending this year’s Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting!
“If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%.” – Warren E. Buffett
“If all you succeed in doing in life is getting rich by buying little pieces of paper, it is a failed life. Life is more than being shrewd in wealth accumulation.” – Charles T. Munger
Most folks know Warren Buffett and his partner Charlie Munger for their unsurpassed track record of growing their investments ~20% annually for FIFTY consecutive years! Or in other words, Berkshire shares have gained ~2,850,000% since Buffett took over.
But I’ve always been more inspired by their compassionate kindness, strict ethical compass, unusual generosity, piercing intelligence, and sheer wisdom.
And for showing the world that it is, unequivocally, possible to be successful in business AND to achieve that success in an honorable way. A way of honesty, integrity, and generosity.
Me and 2 of My Idols
Posted in Airlines, American Airlines, American Express, AMEX Starwood (SPG), British Airways, Chase, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Credit Cards, Hilton HHonors, Hotels, Hyatt, IHG, Southwest, Starwood (SPG), Trip Reports, Ultimate Rewards, United Airlines
Million Mile Secrets readers have asked how to make the most of their frequent flyer miles when traveling on domestic award tickets.
Airline frequent flyer programs don’t all charge the same number of miles for award flights within the continental US and Canada.
Depending on the flight, you could get award tickets for fewer miles by choosing the right airline. In some cases, you could save thousands of miles!
Traveling Domestically? Save Miles by Knowing Which Frequent Flyer Program to Use!
So how do you decide which frequent flyer miles to use? I’ll show you!
Posted in Air Canada, Airline Award Booking, Airlines, Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Barclays, Barclays US Air, Beginner Tips, British Airways, British Airways, Credit Cards, Delta Skymiles, JetBlue, Southwest, Travel Tips, United Airlines, United Award Booking, US Air, VIrgin America, Virgin Atlantic