Book American Airlines Awards Like a Pro:
- Part 1 – Introduction
- Part 2 – Types of Awards & Charts
- Part 3 – How Much Will My Award Cost?
- Part 4 – One-way, Openjaws, Stopovers, & North American Gateway Cities
- Part 5 – American Airlines, Alaska Airlines & Hawaiian Airlines for North American awards
- Part 6 – International Award Routes
- Part 7 – Finding British Airways Award Availability
- Part 8 – Finding Cathay Pacific Award Availability using the British Airways website
- Part 8b – Finding Cathay Pacific Award Availability using Japan Airlines’ Website
- Part 9 – Finding Iberia (& European) Award Availability using the Qantas Website
- Part 10 – Finding LAN & South American Award Availability
- Part 11 – Finding Air Tahiti Nui Awards to France & French Polynesia with FlightStats
- Part 11b – Finding Air Tahiti Nui Awards to France & French Polynesia with ExpertFlyer
American Airlines through its oneworld and non-oneworld partner airlines offer a lot of choices when booking international awards.
However, none of these partner airlines (except Alaska Air) can currently be booked via AA.com. I get lots of emails from folks who can’t find award availability when they search online. That’s because only American Airlines and Alaska Airlines results show up online and you don’t see availability on the many other partner airlines.
However, American Airlines has pledged to include more partner airlines online and British Airways awards could soon be available online at AA.com
You’ve got to call AA reservations (800-433-7300) and pay a $25 fee to book via the telephone. But paying this fee is worth it, because it opens up so many possibilities when booking award tickets! Continue reading