Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Selling products for profit on eBay and Amazon is a quick small business idea that can help you earn lots of miles, points, or cash back.
Besides the rewards, certain cards offer a way to save money on purchases with select merchants. So you can use these cards to buy items at a discount, like apparel or auto parts. Then, turn around and sell them for a profit!
I’ll share the best credit cards for folks selling on Amazon and eBay.
Enhance Your Amazon and eBay Business With Credit Card Perks
Remember, applying for a small business card does NOT require an EIN (Employer Identification Number). You can apply with just your Social Security Number as a sole proprietor.
Having a small business card for an online reselling business is a great way to keep your personal and business expenses separate!
For example, you can put these Amazon or eBay seller expenses on your small business card:
- Shipping materials like boxes, padding, tape, and labels
- Shipping expenses
- Listing fees
- Paper and ink
- Office supplies
- Products to resell
- Travel expenses if you attend trade shows or conferences
The best card for your seller expenses will depend on your travel goals. Some folks might use multiple cards. For example, one card to earn flexible points on shipping expenses. And another to earn cash back on other purchases.
Here are my top card picks for Amazon and eBay sellers.
1. AMEX Small Business Cards
Folks who sell products on Amazon and eBay can do well with AMEX small business cards.
Besides earning points or cash back with the card, you can save money on purchases with AMEX Offers. And you can combine these offers with other discounts for more savings! Plus, it’s possible to register AMEX offers on multiple cards.
So you can take advantage of this perk to buy a product and resell for a profit on Amazon or eBay.
For example, Million Mile Secrets team member Keith sells on Amazon and eBay. He once registered for an AMEX Offer, used a coupon code, and shopped through a cash back portal to save money purchasing golf merchandise. And he later resold it for a ~$100 profit on eBay.
And Million Mile Secrets team member Meghan made over $1,000 with AMEX Offers buying and reselling Xboxes for a profit on eBay and Craigslist!
And each AMEX small business card has its own benefits for earning rewards.
For example, with the no annual fee AMEX SimplyCash Plus card, you earn:
- 5% cash back at office supply stores in the US and on your US wireless phone bill (up to $50,000 in purchases per calendar year)
- 3% cash back on eligible purchases (up to $50,000 in purchases per calendar year) in one category of your choice (like computer hardware & software, US gas stations & restaurants, and airfare & hotel stays purchased directly with the airline or hotel)
- The ability to “buy above your credit limit”
The AMEX Starwood small business card is also a good choice. Because you earn valuable Starwood points, which you can redeem for free nights at Starwood, Marriott, and Ritz-Carlton hotels. Or transfer points to Starwood airline partners and get 5,000 bonus miles for every 20,000 points you transfer.
And remember, AMEX small business cards don’t appear on your personal credit report. So they do NOT count toward Chase card limits!
2. Chase Ink Business Preferred
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 you spend on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites, and search engines (up to a maximum of $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year)
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on all other purchases
- Up to $600 in cell phone insurance when you pay your cell phone bill with the card
So you’ll earn a 3X bonus on Amazon and eBay seller expenses like shipping. And you can pay your internet and phone bill to earn bonus points and get coverage for your cell phone.
3. Chase Ink Cash
Folks looking to earn cash back might consider the no annual fee Chase Ink Cash.
You can earn $300 cash back after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
With this card, you also get:
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
So shopping at office supply stores for your Amazon and eBay business can earn you 5% cash back!
You can redeem rewards for cash back or toward a trip through the Chase travel portal. Or, you can transfer points from the card to hotel and airline partners if you also have one of these cards:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Ink Plus (no longer available)
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
Keep in mind, it’s tougher to get approved for the Ink Cash because of Chase’s stricter application rules.
4. Capital One Spark Cash Rewards
If you’re looking for a straightforward small business cash back card, the Capital One Spark Cash Rewards is a great choice.
Because you earn unlimited 2% cash back on every purchase. So you can use this card to buy items to resell. And you’ll essentially save 2% off each purchase.
The one drawback is the bank pulls inquires from all 3 credit bureaus, which can make it harder to get cards from other banks in the future.
Folks who sell items for a profit on Amazon and eBay can get a small business card to earn miles, points, and cash back.
Even better, you can use AMEX small business cards to access AMEX Offers, which you can combine with other deals to purchase items at a discount. Then, you can resell the item for a profit. You can register for AMEX offers with cards like the:
- AMEX Business Gold Rewards
- AMEX Business Platinum
- AMEX SimplyCash Plus
- AMEX Starwood (Small Business)
Which card do you use for Amazon and eBay seller expenses?