Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Act fast if you want to save points on JetBlue award flights!
Via Running with Miles, JetBlue is having an 20% off award sale for a limited time! You must book your travel by April 8, 2017 (the earlier of 11:59 pm Eastern Time or local time), and you must travel between May 2 and June, 7, 2017.
But there are additional restrictions, too!
I’ll give you the details of this sale.
JetBlue 20% Off Award Flights
Link: JetBlue Big Spring Sale
JetBlue is having an award flight sale! You’ll save 20% off the regular award flight price, which is directly tied to the cash price of a ticket. But the sale does NOT apply to paid flights.
One thing I like about the sale is that it isn’t just for certain destinations. The only restrictions seem to be the dates you can fly. Here’s what you need to know:
- You must book by April 8, 2017 (the earlier of 11:59 pm Eastern or local time)
- Your travel must be between May 2 and June 7, 2017
- Only valid for flights on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday
- Blackout dates are from May 24 to May 30, 2017
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Discount ONLY for award flights
When you book your flights, they’ll automatically include the 20% discount. No registration or promotion code required!
I found one-way flights from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale in coach for 7,400 JetBlue points. And one-way flights from New York to Barbados in coach for just 7,100 JetBlue points (though the itinerary is less than desirable).
Want More JetBlue Points?
There are several ways to get more JetBlue points. The easiest way is by signing-up for their co-branded credit cards:
- Barclaycard JetBlue – Earn 5,000 JetBlue points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Plus – Earn 30,000 JetBlue points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Small Business – Earn 30,000 JetBlue points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days
You can also transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points and Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue. But the best transfer ratio you’ll get (without a transfer bonus), is 5:4 (5 AMEX Membership Rewards point or Citi ThankYou point = 4 JetBlue points)
You can also earn 3X JetBlue points on Amazon purchases!
JetBlue is having a 20% off award sale! But you’ll need to buy your ticket by April 8, 2017, and you must travel between May 2 and June, 7, 2017.
This could be useful for folks looking for a late spring getaway. If you’re interested, book as soon as possible or your desired seats might sell out.
Let me know if you find a good deal!