Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
To earn the bigger bonus, your application must be received by April 5, 2017.
You can use the sign-up bonus from either card to save $1,000+ on hotel stays. Or transfer points to terrific airline partners like American Airlines.
This is the best offer I’ve ever seen on these cards. And because of the Marriott – Starwood merger, we aren’t sure if these cards will stick around.
I’ll show you how to take advantage of this terrific deal!
Starwood 35,000 Point Offer 2017
Through April 5, 2017, with the personal AMEX Starwood card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $2,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
And with the AMEX Starwood small business card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $3,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
With either offer, you’ll earn a total of 35,000 Starwood points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements.
The bonus on the these cards normally is 25,000 to 30,000 Starwood points, so this is an unusually good offer. Especially because you can get a LOT of value from Starwood points!
You’ll also get perks like 2X Starwood points per $1 you spend at Starwood hotels, unlimited use of Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots (excluding in-flight), and more. You can read my full review of these great offers here.
Plus, the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year on both cards.
Note: American Express only allows folks to get the sign-up bonus ONCE per person, per lifetime on ALL their cards.
Great Ways to Use Starwood Points
Starwood points are valuable because, aside from staying at Starwood hotels, they’re hard to earn.
There are also LOTS of great ways to use them, like for inexpensive hotel stays using the Cash + Points perk, or transferring them to airline partners like American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, and more, for Big Travel.
For more inspiration on how to use the Starwood points you earn, check out these posts:
- 5 Best US Beaches to Enjoy With Limited-Time AMEX Starwood Bonus
- 5 Fantastic US Marriott Hotels to Book Using Starwood Points
- 7 Best US Starwood Hotels to Book With Points
- 5 Top Hotels in Europe to Book With Starwood Points
- 5 Top Hotels in Caribbean & Mexico to Book With Starwood Points
- Readers Love These Starwood Hotels and You Might Too!
- 7 Fun Travel Goals Once You Have the Starwood Card
- Get a Disney World Vacation With Starwood Points!
- 11 Consecutive Nights in Fun Places With 1 Starwood Card Bonus!
- 7 Week-Long Vacations You Can Take With Starwood’s 35,000-Point Bonus
- Best Use of 90,000 Starwood Points: Companion Pass, Airline Transfers, or Free Hotel Nights?
- Vacation Longer! 7 Top Hotels Using Starwood’s “Cash & Points”
That’s an amazing deal, and because of the Marriott – Starwood merger, I’m not sure how long these cards will be around. So if you’ve been thinking about applying, now is the time to do it!
How do you plan to use your sign-up bonus?