Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
You could save up to 7,500 American Airlines miles on round-trip coach award tickets to certain cities in the US like Aspen, Austin, Cleveland, Denver, and Jackson Hole.
This deal is good when you book by November 30, 2016, and travel by January 31, 2017.
I’ll explain how the deal works!
American Airlines Reduced Mileage Awards
American Airlines has released their latest list of reduced mileage awards to certain cities for travel through January 31, 2017.
You’ll save up to 7,500 American Airlines miles round-trip and 3,750 American Airlines miles one-way with these cards:
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MasterCard, Red MasterCard, or Business MasterCard (not available for new sign-ups)
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ MasterCard®, Visa, or American Express
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard, or Select Visa and MasterCard
And the following cards get you a 5,000 mile discount on a round-trip award ticket (or 2,500 miles on a one-way award ticket):
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Blue MasterCard (not available for new sign-ups)
- Citi Gold AAdvantage American Express, MasterCard, or Visa (not available for new sign-ups)
Note: You’ll get a smaller discount on flights less than 500 miles.
With many of the American Airlines cards you need for this offer, you’ll get a 10% rebate when you book award tickets (up to 10,000 miles per year)!
Some of these cards are no longer offered. But existing cardholders can get the discount.
How to Book This Deal
You can NOT get the mileage discount by booking online.
To book, you’ll need to:
- Be a primary cardholder for any of the American Airlines cards mentioned earlier
- Search for low-level awards by logging into your American Airlines account
- Call American Airlines at 800-882-8880 to book your flight by November 30, 2016 and travel by January 31, 2017. You will NOT get the discount if you book online.
Unless you have elite status with American Airlines, you’ll be charged a $75 fee for award tickets booked less than 21 days before departure.
American Airlines credit cardholders can save up to 7,500 American Airlines miles on low-level American Airlines award tickets to select cities. This deal is good when you book by November 30, 2016, and travel by January 31, 2017.
There are 78 airports eligible for this deal. I’d recommend taking a look because you can make travel plans to places like Vail or Las Vegas.
Be sure to check alternative airlines because you might save even more on certain flights using British Airways Avios points or Southwest points.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 25,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!