Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Choice Hotels is back with another promotion, giving you the chance to rack up points.
The Choice “Stay 2 Times, Earn a Free Night” promotion is strikingly similar to its previous promotions. You’ll earn 8,000 Choice points when you complete 2 stays at their hotels, enough for a free night at a low-category hotel.
Let’s take a look at the promotion and decide if it’s worth taking advantage of!
Stay 2 Times at a Choice Hotel and Earn 1 “Free Night”
Choice Hotels says you’ll earn a free night after completing 2 stays. But they’re really just awarding you 8,000 Choice points, enough for a free night at 1 of their 1,500+ lower category hotels. Choice has more than 6,400 hotels, and most of them cost more than 8,000 points for a free night.
Here are the specifics:
- You must register before your first trip to participate
- Members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and a maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the 2 separate qualifying stays
- Trips booked through 3rd-party sites, at vacation rental property locations, rates less than $40 per night, and stays booked with the “SEGEN” rate code do not qualify for promotional bonus points
- Make sure your rewards earning preference is set to Choice Privileges
- This promotion is valid for stays until November 11, 2016
There is no cap on how many bonus points you can earn. As long as you complete 2 stays, you will earn 8,000 bonus points!
Are Choice Hotel Points Worth Collecting?
Don’t overlook the value of Choice points! Choice has over 6,400 hotels worldwide, from very economical to ultimate luxury.
Folks are usually able to find Choice hotels in small towns where hotel chains are scarce. They’re often family friendly, and many offer free breakfast. And with some of their brands, you can use points to book directly into a suite, even without any elite status!
Plus, Choice points are easy to earn! You can transfer AMEX Membership Rewards to Choice at a 1:1 ratio. Or transfer points from Amtrak to Choice at a ratio of 1:3, if you’re an Amtrak Select or Select Plus member (or spend $20,000+ per year on the Bank of America Amtrak World MasterCard).
And the Barclaycard Choice Privileges card comes with a $25 statement credit after your first purchase and a 32,000 point sign-up bonus after you meet minimum spending requirements.