Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
With the new offer for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, you can earn 3 complimentary nights at participating Ritz-Carlton Tier 1 through 4 hotels after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Million Mile Secrets readers have commented with questions about this offer, so I’ve written a list with more details about the 3 complimentary night certificates!
Here are answers to 7 common questions about the complimentary night certificates from the Chase Ritz-Carlton card.
More About the Complimentary Nights From the Chase Ritz-Carlton Card
Link: Chase Ritz-Carlton Card
1. How Long Does It Take to Get the Complimentary Night Certificates?
After meeting the card’s minimum spending requirements, it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the 3 complimentary night certificates to show in your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account.
So folks should plan around this when deciding when to use your complimentary nights!
2. When Do the Complimentary Night Certificates Expire?
The 3 complimentary night certificates expire 12 months after they’re issued. This means you must finish your stay within 12 months. You can NOT book your stay within 12 months and actually complete the stay after the 12 month period.
3. Are There Any Blackout Dates When Using the Complimentary Night Certificates?
No, there are no blackout dates.
But if you plan to travel during a busy time, like Christmas or New Years, I’d suggest booking your stay early, because those dates are more likely to sell-out quickly.
4. Where Can You Use the Complimentary Night Certificates?
This isn’t a huge deal because there are only 5 EDITION hotels open right now. But it’s worth mentioning because EDITION hotels will show up when you search for stays using Ritz-Carlton’s website.
5. What If You Recently Applied for the Old Version of the Chase Ritz-Carlton Card?
Existing cardholders will be automatically switched to the new Chase Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite version and be sent a new card in the mail. And a commenter on Reddit reports being given 1 more complimentary night certificate as a courtesy from Chase, to match the current 3 complimentary night offer.
So it might be worth asking Chase to match the current deal if you recently applied for the card. But I can’t guarantee that will work!
6. Do You Have to Use All 3 Certificates on the Same Stay?
No, you do NOT have to use your certificates on the same stay. You can use them all at once or split them up into 2 or 3 separate stays. It’s up to you!
7. Can You Use the Certificates at Marriott Hotels?
No, you can NOT use your complimentary night certificates at Marriott Hotels. They’re good for Ritz-Carlton Tier 1 through 4 hotels only.
Examples of Wonderful Luxury Hotels Where You Can Stay
- 5 Excellent US Hotels Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 4 Top Hotels in Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America, Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 5 Fantastic Hotels in Europe Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 5 Outstanding Hotels in Asia Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
You can earn 3 complimentary nights with the new offer from the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, to use at participating Ritz-Carlton Tier 1 through 4 hotels after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll get the certificates within 6 to 8 weeks of completing the minimum spending requirements. And the complimentary night certificates expire 12 months after they’re received.
You must use the certificates for a stay before they expire. You can NOT book the complimentary nights before the the certificates expire, for stays after they expire.
Chase Saphire Preferred card
And although the certificates don’t have any blackout dates, it’s worth booking early during busy travel times, because rooms could sell out!
Let me know if you have any other questions about the 3 complimentary night certificates in the comments!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!