Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Thinking of taking a trip to a tropical location this Fall? I have good news!
From August 15, 2016, through August 28, 2016, you can book IHG award nights at certain hotels in Mexico, the Caribbean, Colombia, and Panama, for 50% off!
The deal is valid for stays between September 1, 2016, and October 30, 2016.
Here’s more about which hotels are included in the sale and how to earn more IHG points!
Save IHG Points This Fall
You can book IHG award nights for 50% off at a number of hotels in Mexico, the Caribbean, Colombia, and Panama, starting at 12:00 pm Eastern Time on August 15, 2016, through 12:00 pm Eastern Time on August 28, 2016. For stays between September 1, 2016, through October 30, 2016.
For example, the InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort will cost 15,000 IHG points per night instead of 30,000 IHG points.
This beachfront hotel is less than a 20 minute walk or 5 minute taxi to the main nightlife area of Cancun’s “hotel zone.”
And don’t forget, you’ll get free breakfast at Holiday Inn Express hotels on the list. Like the Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas in Mexico or the Holiday Inn Express Cartagena Bocagrande in Colombia.
Need More IHG Points?
The sign-up bonus on the Chase IHG card is currently 60,000 IHG points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
You’ll also get:
- 5,000 bonus IHG points when you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months of opening your account
- Free Platinum Elite status (free upgrades, priority check-in, and elite rollover nights)
- A free night at any IHG hotel worldwide on each card anniversary
- 5X IHG points for every $1 you spend at IHG hotels
- 2X IHG points per $1 you spend at restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations
- 1X IHG points per $1 you spend on everything else
- 10% rebate on redeemed points (up to 100,000 IHG points a year)
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee of $49, waived for the first year
IHG hotels include Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, EVEN Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resorts, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, and Staybridge Suites brand hotels.
We don’t earn a commission for the Chase IHG card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
Let me know if you plan a trip!