Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
To celebrate Virgin America’s 9th anniversary, the airline is offering a bonus of 999 Virgin America points after you register for the promotion, book any paid flight, and travel by September 30, 2016.
The bonus points are worth ~$21. So it’s probably not worth changing flight plans to get the bonus. But if you’re already planning to fly Virgin America this summer, it only takes a few seconds to enroll in the promotion.
I’ll share more details about the offer!
What’s the Deal?
To earn the Virgin America bonus points, you’ll need to:
- Be enrolled in Virgin America’s frequent flyer program (free to sign-up)
- Register for the promotion before taking your flight
- Book any paid Virgin America flights and travel by September 30, 2016
- Award flights are NOT eligible
You will not earn the bonus points for any flights booked before August 8, 2016.
The bonus points are great. But they’re not worth booking a flight unless you already have travel plans.
Virgin America often has cheap one-way flights. For example, I found a one-way flight from Los Angeles to Las Vegas for $39.
So you’d have to spend $39 to earn the bonus points, which are worth ~$21.
Earn More Virgin America Points
Or you can earn the sign-up bonus from the Virgin America Signature Card or the Virgin America Premium Signature Card. We don’t earn a commission from the Virgin America cards, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
So I don’t recommend getting your Virgin America points this way, unless you just need a few more point to top-off your account for an award.
Do you have plans to fly Virgin America this summer?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!