Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
If you’ve been considering the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, don’t use my link!
There’s a way to get a better deal! By making a test booking on Delta.com, you can get an improved offer which includes a $100 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase in the first 3 months of opening your account. Normally, the offer includes a $50 statement credit.
I’ll show you how to get the better bonus!
Better Offer for Delta Gold AMEX – 30,000 Points Plus $100 Statement Credit
Go to Delta.com and make a test booking (it doesn’t matter where).
On the final booking screen, you’ll see the improved offer for 30,000 Delta miles after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months, plus a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase in the same timeframe.
We don’t earn anything for the offer with a $100 statement credit. But we’ll gladly give up our commission on the card so that you get a better deal!
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 1 free checked bag for yourself and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation
- 2 miles per $1 you spend on Delta
- 1 mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- 20% discount on certain Delta in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- Pay With Miles
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
Keep in mind, this isn’t the highest bonus ever offered for this card. Recently, the bonus was 50,000 Delta miles after completing minimum spending.
So if you’re not in a hurry to earn Delta miles, it might be worth waiting for a higher offer to come around again.
Note: American Express restricts folks to one sign-up bonus per card, per lifetime. If you’ve already had this card, you can NOT earn the bonus again.
But if you’ve had a different AMEX Delta card, like the AMEX Delta Platinum, you can earn the bonus on this card because they’re considered different card products.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!