Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Reddit, there’s an easy way to earn bonus United Airlines miles for purchases you might already plan on making!
Check your email to see if you’ve been targeted to earn 1,000 United Airlines miles for spending $250 through the United Airlines shopping portal from June 21, 2016, through June 30, 2016.
And according to Mommy Points, this deal may be open to everyone starting June 21, 2016 (tomorrow!).
Here’s how to see if you’re targeted, even if you didn’t receive an email.
Earn 1,000 Bonus United Airlines Miles With the United Airlines Shopping Portal
If you’ve been targeted, you can earn 1,000 bonus United Airlines miles for spending $250 in combined purchases between June 21, 2016, and June 30, 2016 through the United Airlines shopping portal.
So check your email to see if you’re eligible!
If you already have purchases planned, this is an easy way to earn extra miles.
But purchases of gift cards and things like shipping and taxes will NOT count towards the promotion.
If You Didn’t Get an Email Notification
And Mommy Points suggests everyone will be eligible starting tomorrow, so it’s worth double-checking then.
And if you need more United Airlines miles for an upcoming trip, consider the Chase United Explorer card.
Cardholders are often targeted for deals like this. And if you apply by June 30, 2016, you’ll get:
- 50,000 United Airlines miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- 5,000 United Airlines miles after adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the same timeframe.
- $50 statement credit after your first purchase
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on United Airlines
- 1 United Airlines mile per $1 you spend on all other purchases
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on your card each year
- 2 United Club passes per year
- First checked bag free when you use your card to pay for your ticket
- Priority boarding
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived the first year. But the card doesn’t charge transaction fees.
Just keep in mind, Chase has tightened its application rules. So if you’ve opened more than ~5 credit cards within the past 24 months from ANY bank, it’s likely you will NOT be approved for the card.
Remember, many small business cards will NOT appear on your personal credit report. So they won’t count toward the 5 card limit!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!