Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Via One Mile at a Time, folks with Capital One Quicksilver and Quicksilver One cards can earn free Uber rides.
If you pay for Uber rides with a Quicksilver card, you’ll earn 1 free ride (up to $15) for every 9 paid rides. Folks with Capital One tell us this promotion is valid for Uber rides everywhere, not just in the US!
This promo isn’t as good as the one that just ended for 20% off all Uber rides. But, it’s still a way to save money!
I’ll show you how to get this deal other ways you can save, even if you are NOT a Capital One Quicksilver cardholder!
How to Earn Free Rides on Uber With Capital One Quicksilver
Link: Capital One Quicksilver
If you pay for Uber rides with your Capital One Quicksilver card or Capital One Quicksilver One card, you’ll receive a free ride (up to $15) after 9 paid rides. Here are additional details on the promo:
- Valid for uberPOOL, uberX, uberBLACK (excludes uberTAXI)
- Earn free rides through March 31, 2017, and redeem free rides through April 30, 2017
Once you have a Quicksilver card linked to your Uber account, you’ll see a progress bar in the app showing how close you are to earning your next free ride.
And your free ride will not automatically be applied to your 10th ride. So, if you don’t expect your 10th ride to be $15 or more, save it for later. This way, you’ll earn the most savings!
Other Ways to Save on Uber
There are also many other ways to save on your next Uber ride, even if you are NOT a Capital One Quicksilver cardholder including:
- Sign-up with our link (New users only) – Get a free Uber ride (up to $25)
- Enroll with your eligible AMEX card and save up to $30 off your 1st Uber ride through July 31, 2018
- New users can use any Capital One card issued in the US and promo code “CapitalOne30” to save up to $30 off your first Uber ride by July 31, 2016
- New users can use any Chase card and promo code “ChaseUber” to save up to $30 off your first Uber ride through December 31, 2016.
Existing Uber riders can use these options to pay and earn miles and points:
- AMEX Membership Rewards – Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Uber or use American Express Membership Rewards points for free rides
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – Uber rides should code as travel. You’ll earn 2X Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on Uber.
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – You’ll earn 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 spent on Uber because it codes as travel.
- Starwood – Earn 1 Starwood point per $1 spent on Uber and up to 4 Starwood points per $1 spent when use Uber while you’re staying at a Starwood hotel
Which card do you use to pay for Uber rides?