Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Here are the details. And how to check whether you’ve been targeted!
Increased Sign-Up Bonus on the United Explorer Card (Targeted)
Link: Targeted United Airlines Explorer Card Offer (Log-In Required)
To see if you’ve been targeted, visit this link and log into your United Airlines account.
If you see the offer, you’ll earn 70,000 United Airlines miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
And another 5,000 United Airlines miles after adding an authorized user who makes a purchase within the same timeframe.
The offer expires June 30, 2016.
With this card, you’ll see more available award seats than folks who don’t have the card.
And you’ll get:
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on United Airlines
- 1 United Airlines miles on all other purchases
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on your card each year
- 2 United Club passes per year
- First checked bag free when you use your card to pay for your ticket
- Priority boarding
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived the first year. But there are no foreign transaction fees, which makes it a good card to use when you’re overseas.
Here’s my review of the card. And check out my guide to earning and using United Airlines miles!
This is a great deal, because the normal sign-up bonus is 30,000 United Airlines miles.
Just remember, Chase has been tightening its application rules. So if you’ve opened more than ~5 credit cards within the past 24 months from ANY bank, it’s likely you will NOT be approved for the card.
Let me know if you’re targeted for the offer!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!