Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. 4 Airlines Added to TSA Pre-Check
The new additions are Aeromexico, Cape Air, Etihad, and Seaborne Airlines.
This means when you fly these airlines at eligible US airports, you’ll have expedited security screening and won’t have to take off your shoes or remove a laptop from your bag.
You can apply for TSA Pre-Check, but it’s a better deal to sign-up for Global Entry (which comes with TSA Pre-Check). Plus, with Global Entry you’ll get through US Customs faster when you travel back to the US.
Global Entry costs $100 and is valid for 5 years. But the fee is refunded if you pay with one of these cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- American Express® Mercedes-Benz Platinum
- Citi Prestige
Remember these tips for getting a quicker Global Entry appointment.
2. Free 1,000 United Airlines Miles
The Prosper app allows you to track your spending by linking your credit cards and bank accounts. There’s also a feature to get your credit score. It’s similar to Mint.
And for ~$10 a month, Prosper will provide identify theft protection.
United Airlines miles expire after 18 months of no activity in your account. So this could be an easy way to earn a few miles and keep your miles from expiring.
3. Earn 1,000 Southwest Points
New Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining members can earn 1,000 bonus Southwest points after spending $25 in one visit in the first 30 days of enrolling. And you’ll need to complete a short restaurant review within 30 days of your dine. Enroll by June 12, 2016 to be eligible for the bonus.
1,000 Southwest points is worth ~$14 based on the new Southwest award pricing.
Rapids Rewards Dining members also get the following at participating restaurants:
- 3 points per $1 spent (if you opt-in for emails)
- 10 points per dining review
- 500 bonus points after earning 1,500 points
- 300 bonus points for every 1,000 points after that
The bonus points do NOT count toward the 110,000 Southwest points needed to earn the Companion Pass. But here are 10 ways to earn extra points for the Companion Pass.
4. Earn Up to 6,000 AccorHotels Points
- 500 points for 1 stay of 2 nights or more
- 3,000 points for 2 stays of 2 nights or more
- 6,000 points for 3 stays of 2 nights or more
You must book by May 31, 2016 and stay by August 31, 2016.