Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Good news! You now have more options (281 to be exact!) for luxury hotels around the world when booking with American Express Travel.
Let’s see what they’ve added!
AMEX Travel Program Adds More Luxury Hotels Around the World
Only AMEX Platinum (personal, Mercedes-Benz personal, and business) cardholders can access Fine Hotels & Resorts. But The Hotel Collection is available to AMEX Platinum, AMEX Premier Rewards Gold, and AMEX Business Gold Rewards cardholders.
About American Express Travel
When you book through American Express Travel you get:
- 2X AMEX Membership Rewards points when you pay with your enrolled AMEX card
- Discounted travel when paying with your AMEX Membership Rewards points
- Lowest Hotel Rates Guarantee on pre-paid hotels
- Eligible cardmembers get complimentary benefits at Fine Hotels & Resorts (Platinum cardholders only) or The Hotel Collection hotels (like late checkout, upgrades, free breakfast, early check-in, etc.)
Check out my posts on all the perks you’ll get with Fine Hotels & Resorts and The Hotel Collection!
More Ways to Earn AMEX Membership Rewards Points
Or consider the regular The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express or The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN card.
You’ll get access to American Express Travel and The Hotel Collection with all of these cards. But the Fine Hotels and Resorts program is only available to Platinum cardholders, along with some of the added benefits I mentioned above, like early check-in, suite upgrades, and free breakfast!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!