Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Good news! You’ll now have options to book award seats on new non-stop routes to Beijing, Belgrade, and Brisbane.
Air Canada, Air China, and Air Serbia are adding new flights you can book with miles!
I’ll share how you can use miles on the new flights!
1. Air Serbia Starting New Non-Stop Flights From New York to Belgrade
Via One Mile at a Time, Air Serbia will begin flights between New York (JFK) and Belgrade on June 23, 2016.
Air Serbia is not part of an airline alliance, but they’re partners with Etihad. So you can use Etihad miles to book Air Serbia flights!
One-way award seats cost:
- ~45,000 Etihad miles in coach
- ~64,000 Etihad miles in Business Class
To book award seats, call Etihad at 888-838-8443.
Remember, you can transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Etihad miles. And, through June 15, 2016, you’ll get a 30% bonus when you transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points to Etihad.
2. Air Canada Launching Non-Stop Flights From Vancouver to Brisbane
Starting June 1, 2016, Air Canada will offer 3 non-stop flights a week from Vancouver to Brisbane. And ~2 weeks later the flight will be available daily.
Also, Air Canada will be upgrading to a larger version of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner plane for flights on this route starting October 30, 2016. The bigger plane will have 10 more lie-flat Business Class seats.
You can book award seats on this new route using Air Canada Aeroplan miles, but the taxes and fees are very high! For example, a one-way award seat from Vancouver to Brisbane costs:
- 45,000 Aeroplan miles + ~$334 in coach
- 67,500 Aeroplan miles + ~$334 in Premium Economy
- 80,000 Aeroplan miles + ~$412 in Business Class
It’s a better deal to use United Airlines miles for these flights. You’ll pay much less in taxes and fees, and fewer miles in coach:
- 40,000 United Airlines miles + ~$59 in coach
- 80,000 United Airlines miles + ~$59 in Business Class
Check out my post on all the ways to earn United Airlines miles!
3. Air China Expanding Non-Stop Summer Flights From Newark to Beijing
From July 22, 2016, to August 24, 2016, Air China will offer daily non-stop flights from Newark to Beijing. Normally, they fly this route 4 times per week.
A one-way coach award seat costs 35,000 United Airlines miles, and you can book directly on the United Airlines website.
Let me know if you book a trip!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!