Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
More flights and routes means better chances of finding an award seat to these popular destinations! And you can book award flights now.
Let’s look at the new flights and routes!
Delta’s New Flights for May 2016
Delta has been busy adding routes and flights from the US to Europe and Israel in 2016. Some of the new flights have already started!
This month they’re increasing the number of flights on existing routes, and adding new routes too! These include:
- Detroit to Munich, starting May 26, 2016, (6 times per week)
- Minneapolis to Rome, starting May 26, 2016, (Daily)
- New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv, starting May 26, 2016, (increased to 11 times per week)
- New York (JFK) to Edinburgh, starting May 26, 2016, (Daily)
- Raleigh-Durham to Paris (Charles de Gaulle), (Daily)
- Salt Lake City to London (Heathrow) (seasonal daily flights, 4X weekly otherwise)
And many more seasonal flights are available!
You can book these flights with Delta miles or cash, even if they haven’t begun. Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so you’ll have to search for your travel dates to see how many miles are required.
And these routes can be an especially good deal for folks on the West Coast!
Low on Delta Miles?
If you need more Delta miles, you can earn them directly from AMEX Delta cards including:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
Or you can transfer points from your Starwood account to Delta at a 1:1 ratio. For every 20,000 Starwood points you transfer, you’ll get 5,000 bonus miles, for a total of 25,000 Delta miles!
Let me know if you book one of these new Delta flights!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!