Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Last month I shared a sneak peek of the new SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express, which is being introduced this spring.
One of my “wish-list” items was a big sign-up bonus. And it seems wishes (sometimes) do come true!
A friend received a targeted email offer for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus. And the sign-up bonus is a $300 statement credit after spending $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening an account.
That’s a better deal than the current sign-up bonus for the regular AMEX SimplyCash, which offers a $250 statement credit after spending $5,000 on purchases in the 1st 6 months of opening an account.
Emily and I don’t receive a commission for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus card, but we’ll always tell you about the best offers!
What’s the Deal?
American Express is launching a new small business card, the AMEX SimplyCash Plus, this spring.
It’s not yet available to everyone. But check your email, because some folks are receiving a targeted offer.
The targeted AMEX SimplyCash Plus sign-up bonus is a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
That’s $50 more (with $2,000 less spending) than the regular AMEX SimplyCash card bonus!
Plus, that’s a terrific sign-up bonus for a card with no annual fee.
The AMEX SimplyCash Plus card is otherwise very similar to the AMEX SimplyCash. With both cards, you’ll earn 5% cash back at office supply stores in the US and on your US wireless phone bill.
And you’ll earn 3% cash back on eligible purchases in 1 of the following categories of your choice:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel stays purchased directly from the hotel
- Purchases made directly from the car rental companies listed here. (Includes Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Thrifty, etc.)
- Purchases at US gas stations
- Purchases at US restaurants
- US purchases for shipping
- US purchases for advertising in select media. (This includes placing ads on Google & Facebook)
Both cards have NO annual fee. And they both have a ~3% foreign transaction fee, so they’re not good cards to use overseas.
- Increased 5% and 3% cash back limits from $25,000 to $50,000 per rebate year in BOTH categories
- A new 3% cash back option for computer hardware and software, and cloud computing purchases
- The ability to spend over your credit limit if you pay it back at the end of the billing cycle
What Should You Do?
If you’ve been considering the AMEX SimplyCash card, and receive the better targeted bonus for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus card, it’s a no-brainer to apply for the better offer.
Remember, American Express recently changed their application rules for small business cards. Now, you can only earn the bonus once per lifetime, like with AMEX personal cards.
So it makes sense to hold out for the highest sign-up bonus possible.
That said, I do NOT know if this targeted offer will be available to the general public.
If you already have an AMEX SimplyCash card, and receive a targeted offer for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus, it’s worth considering! I suspect you’ll be eligible for the bonus on both because they’ll likely be considered different card products.
And both cards are free to keep because neither charge an annual fee. We don’t earn a commission for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus card, but Emily and I will always tell you about the best deals!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!