Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Million Mile Secrets reader John commented:
Any idea how long the Chase Sapphire Preferred sign-up bonus of 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points will be around?
That’s a 10,000 point increase from the previous offer on this card!
I have great news, John! It looks like this deal is going to be around for a while! Chase has NOT indicated this is a limited time offer. That said, Chase can change their mind at any point.
Each card waives the $95 annual fee for the 1st year, but the minimum spending on the Chase Sapphire Preferred is $1,000 higher.
You could transfer the 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points you earn with your Chase Sapphire Preferred to Hyatt for a night at the elegant Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in Colorado. And with a bit more spending you’ll have enough for 2 nights!
Other benefits John will get with the Chase Sapphire Preferred include:
- 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on travel and dining
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards point per $1 spent on other purchases
- 5,000 bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards points when you add an authorized user who makes a purchase within the 1st 3 months
- Primary car rental insurance – Covers damage or theft to your rental car, when you pay for the rental with your card
- Trip delay reimbursement – Get up to $500 back per ticket when your trip is delayed more than 12 hours
- NO foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the 1st year. And there’s likely plenty of time to sign-up!
If you’ve opened ~5 or more credit cards in the past 24 months, it’s unlikely Chase will approve you for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Or other Chase Ultimate Rewards points-earning cards like the Chase Ink Plus, Chase Freedom, or Chase Ink Cash.
Thanks for your question, John!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!