Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Heads up! The sign-up bonus for 50,000 American Airlines miles on the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ MasterCard® and CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard® are both ending next week!
We don’t get a commission for these cards, but Emily and I always tell you about the best deals!
I’ll share the details!
I don’t know what the new bonuses will be, so you may want to apply soon if you’ve been considering either card! Keep in mind, American Airlines is updating its award charts on March 22, 2016.
I’ve listed the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card with 50,000 American Airlines miles in Hot Deals & under the Airlines Credit Card tab since I started writing the blog, because it’s always been 1 of the best credit card offers.
When you sign-up through next week, you’ll earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll also get:
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 1 American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (Gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
You can also earn 50,000 American Airlines miles with the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card after spending $3,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months.
Along with all the benefits on the personal version of the card, you’ll also get:
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations
- A $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year
Some folks think they don’t qualify for a business credit card. But check out my list of 10 small business activities that you may already do!
The $95 annual fee on both cards is waived the 1st year. And there are NO foreign transaction fees on either card.
Plus, both cards get you access to American Airlines Reduced Mileage Awards, which save you 7,500 miles on round-trip award tickets to certain cities which change monthly.
Note: Citi will only approve 1 credit card application per day, and no more than 2 every ~65 days. And you should wait at least ~8 days between applications.
What Can You Do With 50,000 American Airlines Miles?
American Airlines miles are valuable because you can use them for award travel on many airline partners in addition to flights on American Airlines. Remember, American Airlines is increasing the prices on award tickets between some regions starting March 22, 2016.
With 50,000 American Airlines miles you can book
- 2 round-trip coach tickets to the Caribbean during the off-peak season
- 1 round-trip coach ticket to Europe during the off-peak season
- 2 round-trip coach tickets within the continental US
The welcome bonus is enough for a 1-way Business Class seat to Europe. Or a round-trip coach award seat during the off-peak periods.
It’s also enough for 2 round-trip coach tickets within the continental US!
Don’t forget, American Airlines is increasing the prices on some award tickets starting March 22, 2016.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on these cards, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!