Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. American Airlines Is Offering Elite Status (Targeted)
Via The Points Guy, American Airlines is sending out emails and mailers to select loyalty program members to earn Gold or Platinum elite status through May 31, 2016. All you have to do is sign-up with the supplied promotion code by February 22, 2016.
To keep the status through 2017, you’ll need to earn 7,000 EQMs (elite qualifying miles) for Gold status. And 10,000 EQMs to keep Platinum status. Some commenters report slightly different offers.
Elite status members get perks like free upgrades, free checked bags, and bonus miles on flights.
Check your email inbox, or regular mailbox, to see if you got the offer!
2. Bonus Miles for $1 or $12 Magazine Subscriptions
Folks on Reddit report you can earn bonus miles when you sign-up for Barron’s or the Wall Street Journal for only $1 through airline shopping portals.
You can earn:
- 1,300 American Airlines miles for 12 weeks of Barron’s for $1 through February 28, 2016
- 800 United Airlines miles for 12 weeks of Barron’s for $1 through February 28, 2016
- 1,100 Southwest miles for 12 weeks of The Wall Street Journal for $12 through February 19, 2016
Folks also report you can cancel your subscription after the 12-week subscription period ends and still earn the miles. That should be enough time for the bonus miles to post.
Even with the $12 subscription for 1,100 Southwest points, you’ll come out ahead. 1,100 Southwest points are worth between ~$16 and ~$19 toward Southwest flights. And almost double that if you have the Southwest Companion Pass.
And, you’ll get 3 months of financial news for nearly nothing. Sounds like a good deal to me! 🙂
3. Fly to London in Business Class for $1,300 Round-Trip, or Paris for $1,600 Round-Trip
Link: La Compagnie Fare Sale
If you want to plan a trip to London or Paris, you can get a great deal on La Compagnie’s all-Business Class flights!
Book round-trip flights from Newark to London in Business Class for $1,300 by February 29, 2016. And round-trip flights from Newark to Paris for $1,600 round-trip!
The Paris flights didn’t have an end date. But I’d book sooner rather than later to be on the safe side!
I found flights in June, at the beginning of the busy tourist season for the promotional rates from Newark to both London and Paris for sale!
Keep in mind these flights will NOT earn you miles or points. And La Compagnie only operates 1 flight each way per day. So if you have any delays or cancellations, there can be a long wait to get help.
That said, this is a fantastic deal to fly to Europe in comfort this summer!
4. WOW Air Wants to Add 1 More US Route to Iceland
In an interview with USA Today, WOW Air’s CEO said:
We expect to announce at least one more destination in 2016. Certainly there will be a lot more in 2017 and going forward.
This is exciting news for folks who like to visit Europe for cheap!
Budget airlines are also a fantastic way to see more of Europe.
Let me know which of these deals is your favorite!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!