Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. More Ways to Use Your Marriott Points
You can now use your Marriott points to book award nights at 21 Delta hotels (and 14 more will be added in April 2016). You’ll also earn Marriott points and elite status credits for paid stays at these Delta hotels.
Plus, if you’re a Delta Privileges member, you can take advantage of all your benefits and redeem your points at any Marriott hotel.
Most of these new locations are in Canada, but there’s also 1 in Orlando.
Here are a few other destinations that look interesting:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Resort & Spa
- The Royal Private Residence Club
- Delta Whistler Village Suites
- Delta Toronto
- Delta Winnipeg Hotel
Check out the FAQ page for answers to your questions about the merger.
2. $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for $90
Ebay has $100 Hotels.com gift cards at a $10 discount. There’s a limit of 2 per person. So you could get $200 towards a hotel stay for $180.
You can earn points and cash back by paying with cards like:
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus – 2X Barclaycard Arrival miles per $1 spent on all purchases
- Citi AT&T Access More – 3X Citi ThankYou points at online retailers
- Citi Double Cash – 1% cash back on all purchases and 1% cash back on all payments
- Discover it – 1% cash back, doubled at the end of your 1st year if you’re a new cardholder or previously registered
For example, if you buy 2 $100 Hotels.com gift cards with your Citi AT&T Access More card, you’ll earn 540 Citi ThankYou points (3 Citi ThankYou points X $180 spent). Citi ThankYou points are worth at least 1.25 cents per point in paid travel booked through the Citi Travel Center, if you also have the Citi ThankYou Premier card. So you could earn ~$7 towards paid travel.
Here’s how to stack this deal to save even more:
- Check evreward and Cashback Monitor for the best shopping portal deals at eBay. Currently, you’ll earn 4% cash back at eBay when you click through iConsumer to make your purchase.
- Earn 2% back in eBay Bucks to use towards another purchase when you make your purchase through PayPal.
- Pay for your Hotel.com gift cards with a miles, points, or cash back card like the ones listed above
- When you’re ready to book your stay with your gift card, check evreward and Cashback Monitor again for the best shopping portal deals at Hotels.com. For example, you can currently earn 7% cash back at Hotels.com by clicking through TopCashBack. Be sure to read the fine print to see if your booking is eligible.
- Earn Hotels.com Welcome Rewards – 1 free night for every 10 nights. The free night is worth the average price of your 10 nights.
However, keep in mind that when you book through Hotels.com, you won’t get to take advantage of elite perks like free breakfast and room upgrades. And you won’t earn credits towards elite status.
So do the math to see if this deal makes sense for you!
3. Save up to $20 at Uber (Existing Users)
You can earn up to a $20 credit towards your next Uber ride, if you received an email from Uber and shop at Whole Foods.
This deal is open to existing users.
Check the notifications section on your Uber app or your email, to see if you qualify for this offer.
Here’s how it works:
- Register a Visa card to your Uber account
- Shop at Whole Foods using your linked Visa card by February 7, 2016
- Get up to a $20 statement credit next time you use your Visa gift card to ride with Uber
And if you’re a new to Uber, you can earn a $15 credit towards your 1st ride when you use Emily’s Uber link.
Or better yet, you could save $30 on your 1st ride (within the US) with your AMEX card with promotional code “UBERAMEX”, through July 31, 2016.
Or get your 1st ride free up to $20 when you pay with a Capital One Quicksilver card and use promotional code, “RIDIN20”.
Existing Uber users can get a 20% statement credit on all Uber rides within the US, when you pay with your Capital One Quicksilver card or Capital One QuicksilverOne card. This deal is good through April 30, 2016.
4. No Fees on Plastiq for Taking a Survey
If you take the survey, you can pay $250 in bills with a credit card, fee free!
This could be an easy way to knock out the minimum spending requirement on a new credit card.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!