Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Need some sunshine in your life? Here’s another terrific opportunity to sneak away to the beach for cheap!
You can fly to Hawaii from 7 Western cities (plus Toronto!) for less than $400 round-trip in coach on several airlines.
Depending on the route, sale flights are available from now through May 2016. And you can fly to Honolulu, Maui, or the Big Island!
These are great fares, so book soon if you want to get in on the deals!
What’s the Deal?
Link: ITA Matrix
Link: Google Flights
I found cheap, round-trip coach fares to Honolulu, Kahului (Maui), and Kailua / Kona (Big Island) from lots of West Coast cities (and Toronto).
But check your home airport because you might find a deal from there, too!
Depending on the route, flights are available on Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant (watch out for extra fees!), American Airlines, Delta, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines, and WestJet.
Las Vegas to Honolulu non-stop on Allegiant for $343
Los Angeles to Honolulu non-stop on Allegiant for $305
Oakland to Kahului non-stop on Hawaiian Airlines for ~$318
I found similar fares on Alaska Airlines.
San Diego to Kailua-Kona non-stop on Alaska Airlines for $318
I found similar fares on American Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, and United Airlines (1-stop).
San Francisco to Kahului non-stop on Hawaiian Airlines for $378
San Jose to Kahului non-stop on Hawaiian Airlines for $358
Toronto to Honolulu (1-stop) on WestJet (Return on United Airlines) for $399
I found similar prices on Delta.
Vancouver to Honolulu non-stop on Air Canada for ~$347
I found similar fares on WestJet.
Don’t Live Near an Included City? Get There for Cheap!
You can use your miles & points to get to a sale city for almost free!
- Southwest – If you need more Southwest points, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to Southwest. Plus, if you have the Southwest Companion Pass, a friend can fly with you for (almost) free!
- British Airways – If you’re a short flight away from 1 of these cities, you can save miles by using British Airways Avios points to book an award flight on American Airlines or Alaska Airlines. Chase Ultimate Rewards points , American Express Membership Rewards points, and Starwood Preferred Guest points transfer to British Airways.
Earn Bonus Points!
Remember to pay with a card that will earn you bonus points for your ticket:
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card – 3X Alaska Airlines miles on Alaska Airlines flights
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Here’s a post with tips on deciding where to stay using hotel points in Hawaii! Emily and I had a fantastic time staying in terrific hotels in Maui and Kauai.
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on lodging, especially for longer stays. Or for folks to prefer a more local feel. There are lots of places available on every Hawaiian island!
Fly to Hawaii for under $400 round-trip from 7 West Coast cities and Toronto!
Flights to Honolulu, Maui, and the Big Island are included from cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and more. Travel dates vary depending on the route and airline.
And remember to watch for extra fees if you book through Allegiant.
These are excellent deals, so book soon if you’re interested. And let me know if you get a good deal!