Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
You might consider taking a vacation day or leaving work early on February 29, 2016, to take advantage of JetBlue’s $29 1-way fares!
For example, you can fly non-stop from Los Angeles to New York 1-way for $29. Or escape the Cleveland winter and fly non-stop to Fort Lauderdale for $29 each way.
The sale ends tonight or while supplies last!
What’s the Deal?
Link: JetBlue $29 Fare Sale
You must travel on February 29, 2016, to get the $29 fare.
This sale is only for JetBlue’s “Blue” fares that do NOT include a checked bag.
This is a great deal if you can find a cheap return flight on JetBlue or another airline. Or use your miles to book an award flight back home!
If you don’t fly JetBlue often, remember you can credit your JetBlue flights to Singapore Airlines instead.
Earn Bonus Points!
Remember to pay with a card that will earn you bonus points for your ticket:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on lodging, especially for longer stays. Or for folks to prefer a more local feel. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price. And how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
But you must travel on February 29, 2016, to get the $29 fare. This offer is for JetBlue’s “Blue” fares that do NOT include a checked bag.
Find a cheap flight home on JetBlue or another airline. Or use miles & points to book your return flight!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!