Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. But check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
The link that earns us a commission for the Citi ThankYou Premier card was reduced to 40,000 Citi ThankYou points after meeting the minimum spending requirement.
But Emily and I always let you know about the best credit card offers, so please use the better link in this post instead! And I’ve updated the Hot Deals page to include this better offer too!
What’s the Deal?
Via SlickDeals, there’s still an offer to earn 50,000 Citi ThankYou points on the Citi ThankYou Premier card after spending $3,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
I’ve written about what you can do with 50,000 Citi ThankYou points. They’re worth at least $625 toward flights, hotels, car rentals, or cruises booked through the Citi Travel Center. Or, you can redeem them for $500 in gift cards.
But you’ll get the most value from your points when you transfer them to travel partners, including:
|Citi ThankYou Points Airline Transfer Partners|
|Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific)||EVA Air||Etihad|
|Flying Blue (Air France/KLM)||Garuda Indonesia||Malaysia Airlines|
|Qantas||Qatar Airways||Singapore Airlines|
|Thai Airways||Virgin America||Virgin Atlantic|
|Citi ThankYou Points Hotel Transfer Partners|
One terrific way to get Big Travel with Small Money from Citi ThankYou points is to transfer them to Singapore Airlines for cheap flights within the US and to Hawaii.
You can also get great deals when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to:
- Virgin Atlantic and fly to Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines
- Flying Blue to book Promo Awards (These are discount awards to Europe on Air France and KLM that change each month.)
It’s easy to earn bonus Citi ThankYou points with this card. You’ll earn 3 Citi ThankYou points per $1 spent on travel purchases (including gas!). And 2 Citi ThankYou points per $1 spent on dining and entertainment.
The travel bonus category is very broad, and includes:
- Car rentals
- Gas stations
- Parking garages
- Public transportation
And the entertainment category includes:
- Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses, and aquariums)
- Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries)
So it’s easy to build your points balance with regular spending!
If you also have the Citi Prestige card, you can combine your points. And when you do, your points are worth:
- 1.6 cents per point when redeeming for flights on American Airlines (or their codeshare partners like British Airways) through July 23, 2017
- 1.33 cents per point when redeeming for airfare on any other airline through July 23, 2017
The annual fee on the Citi ThankYou Premier is $95, but it’s waived the 1st year. And there are NO foreign transaction fees, so it’s a great card to take overseas.
Again, Emily and I will always let you know about the best deals, even if we don’t earn a commission!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!