Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Lots of folks are enjoying the new expensive gadgets and appliances they bought over the holidays! Did you know that you’re covered up to $10,000 per covered occurrence, up to $50,000 per calendar year when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express?
I’ll explain how it works!
When you sign-up for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, you’ll earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 on purchases within 1st 3 months of account opening.
You can use AMEX Membership Rewards points for Big Travel with airline and hotel transfer partners, gift cards, and statement credits.
You’ll also earn:
- 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines
- 2X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend at US gas stations, US supermarkets, and US restaurants
- 1X AMEX Membership Rewards point per $1 you spend on everything else
- $100 per calendar year in airline incidental fee credits with your selected airline (baggage fees, change fees, etc.)
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Transfer points to participating frequent traveler programs
- Annual fee of $195, waived for the 1st year
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees
For folks who spend a lot on airfare or at US gas stations, US restaurants, and US supermarkets, the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is a very good deal!
What’s Purchase Protection?
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express also comes packed with benefits like:
- Purchase protection
- Return protection
- Extended warranty
- Baggage insurance when you travel
- And many more!
The purchase protection is $10,000 per occurrence, and up to $50,000 per calendar year. This is fantastic for folks who need to make big purchases, like:
- Digital cameras
- Washers and dryers
Coverage starts on the day you purchase an item, and lasts for 90 days.
If something happens to the item, call the number on the back of your card to start a claim with AMEX within 30 days of the incident. You’re protected against:
With a limit of $10,000 per occurrence, and $50,000 per calendar year, this is a very generous benefit!
What’s Not Covered?
Some items are NOT covered, including:
- Cash equivalents
- Animals or living plants
- Rare stamps or coins
- Perishable items with limited life spans, like perfume, light bulbs, or batteries
- Motorized vehicles
- Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use
- Things that get lots of use, like carpeting, flooring, or tile
- Business (not personal) fixtures like air conditioners, refrigerators, or heaters
And, it’s important to note that lost or misplaced items are NOT covered. So be sure to keep an eye on your belongings!
It’s a good idea to read through the terms and conditions if you have a big purchase coming up!
Other Perks You’ll Get!
American Express cardholders, including folks with the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, can save money and get some great deals!
You’ll qualify for:
- AMEX Offers – Having another AMEX card means you could be targeted for more AMEX Offers. Remember, you can get the same offer on multiple cards!
- ShopRunner – AMEX cardholders get complimentary membership in ShopRunner. You’ll save money with free shipping from dozens of online merchants.
When you make a purchase with your Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, you’ll be covered up to $10,000 for protection against accidents, damage, theft, and vandalism.
This is fantastic for folks who have large purchases coming up, like appliances, electronics, or new furniture. Be sure to read over the purchase protection details so you know exactly what’s covered before you start shopping.
Let me know if you’ve had an experience with AMEX purchase protection!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!