Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Visit Paris for under $500!
Deals to Paris sell out quickly, so book now if you want to go!
How to Book It!
Link: ITA Matrix
Link: Google Flights
Here’s how to use Google Flights to find sale dates.
If you book a ticket with an online travel agency like Orbitz or Expedia, you may be eligible for a refund within a short time of booking your ticket. Check out my post on cancellation policies for airlines and online travel agencies for more details!
What’s the Deal?
You can fly from New York or Chicago to Paris starting at ~$492 round-trip through April.
I was able to find round-trip flights from Chicago to Paris this spring! This would make a perfect trip to visit the Louvre, enjoy the cafes, and walk over the bridges to Notre Dame cathedral.
To get the deal, you must depart and return Monday through Thursday. There’s a 3-day advance purchase requirement, and tickets are limited. I was able to find lots of open seats through late April, when it starts to get warmer.
Emily and I enjoyed our time in Paris!
Don’t Live Near New York or Chicago? Get There for Cheap!
You can use your miles to get to New York or Chicago for close to free!
- Southwest – If you need more Southwest points, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to Southwest. Plus, if you have the Southwest Companion Pass, a friend can fly with you for (almost) free!
- British Airways – If you’re a short flight away from either city, you can save miles by using British Airways Avios points to book an award flight on American Airlines. Chase Ultimate Rewards points , American Express Membership Rewards points, and Starwood Preferred Guest points transfer to British Airways.
Which Card to Use?
Remember to pay with a card that will earn you bonus points for your ticket:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on accommodations, especially for longer stays. Or for folks to prefer a more local feel. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price, and how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
Under $500 for round-trip flights to Paris is an excellent deal!
Fly from New York or Chicago to Paris starting at ~$491 round-trip in coach on LOT.
Travel through April, and be sure to purchase your tickets 3 days in advance. To get the deal, depart and return Monday through Thursday.
Let me know if you plan a vacation to the City of Light!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!