Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
If you’re new to this hobby and looking to learn new tricks, or meet other folks interested in traveling the world for cheap, Frequent Traveler University is a terrific place to start!
From April 29, 2016, to May 1, 2016, you can join me and other miles & points enthusiasts at The D Hotel for the 1st ever Frequent Traveler University Signature event in Las Vegas!
At Frequent Traveler University Signature, you can learn how to book award tickets, quickly earn elite status, and find cheap flights!
Tickets sell out very quickly, so you’ll want to reserve your seat soon!
What Can You Expect at Frequent Traveler University Signature?
There will be something for both beginners and more advanced miles and points collectors at Frequent Traveler University Signature.
Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Award Booking on Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, and United Airlines
- How to Get Started With Miles & Points
- Using KVS Tool & Expert Flyer to Find Award Seats
- What It’s Like to Live in Hotels Full-Time
- Finding Cheap Premium Fares
- Introduction to Mileage Running: Costs and Benefits
- International Upgrade Methods and Strategies
- Getting the Most Out of Miles + Points Credit Cards
- Tips for International Travel
- Advanced Booking Techniques for Paid Flights
- Non-Traditional Awards & Miles
- Live Award Bookings
Plus, there will be a full day add-on session on tricks for meeting minimum spending requirements, using gift cards, and more! This special session is for a very small group, so be sure to sign-up early!
You’ll learn from experts from some of your favorite blogs:
- Ben Schlappig (One Mile at a Time)
- René de Lambert (Renés Points)
- Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru)
- Tiffany Funk (One Mile at a Time)
- Jamie Larounis (The Forward Cabin)
- Greg Davis-Kean (Frequent Miler)
- Edward Pizzarello (Pizza in Motion)
- Omar Zaman (Travel Summary)
- Daraius Dubash (Million Mile Secrets) <– That’s me!
- Summer Hull (Mommy Points)
But the 1 thing that keeps bringing me back to Frequent Traveler University year after year is meeting up with other miles and points enthusiasts!
Tickets cost $199 and include:
- Welcome cocktail reception including access to the Traverse City Patio with a view of the Downtown Las Vegas Skyline on Friday night
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
Or purchase tickets which also include access to the special spending sessions on Saturday for $249.
Tickets are non-refundable. But if your plans change, you can transfer your ticket to another person (up to 4 days before the event) for $25 fee.
All sessions will be held at The D hotel in Las Vegas. You can book your stay at a group rate using code “DCIFTU” or call 800-274-5825 and mention the code to get a rate of:
- $29 on Thursday night and Sunday night (April 28, 2016, and May 1, 2016)
- $99 on Friday and Saturday night (April 29, 2016, and April 30, 2016)
If you prefer to use your points, check Hotel Hustle for hotels in Las Vegas where you can book award nights.
The new Frequent Traveler University Signature event will be held from April 29, 2016, to May 1, 2016, in Las Vegas! You can learn beginner and advanced tips from some of your favorite bloggers, including me!
Frequent Traveler University Signature is a fun way to meet other folks who like to travel for less and learn a new trick or two!
But reserve your ticket soon, because this event will likely sell out quickly!