Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: Beginning July 23, 2017, the 4th night free perk will refund the average cost of a 4-night stay, NOT including taxes.
Here’s another terrific sale from WOW Air!
Fly from Boston or Washington, DC (Baltimore), to Reykjavik, Iceland, for only $99 1-way!
Or connect through Reykjavik onward to 8 European cities for as little as $149 1-way.
Return flights to the US cost more, but they’re still a good deal. This could be a great opportunity for folks looking for a cheap European getaway this winter!
Let’s see where you can go!
What’s the Deal?
Link: WOW Air
Link: My Review of WOW Air
Link: My Iceland Trip Report
I’ve written about WOW Air, a budget airline based in Iceland. While you shouldn’t expect a luxury experience on their flights, their service is excellent and their planes are clean and new.
You can fly from Boston or Washington, DC (Baltimore) to Reykjavik, Iceland, from $99 1-way. Return flights start at ~$171, which is still very cheap!
Or fly to 1 of these European cities (connecting through Reyjavik) starting at $149 1-way:
- Bristol (new!)
Travel dates for most destinations are January 10, 2016, to March 10, 2016, except for Bristol and Stockholm. Sale fares are available to those cities in May and September, 2016.
Sale fares are only available on certain flights. So you might have to be flexible.
You might consider taking advantage of these cheap fares flying TO Europe, then book an award ticket for your return trip!
Keep in mind, WOW Air charges fees for seat selection, large carry-on bags, and checked bags. If you can pack light, you’ll get the best deal.
Check out my post on how to find the best prices on rental cards in Iceland! And don’t forget to bring a card with chip-and-PIN capability to get gas!
Here’s my full Iceland trip report! I learned Icelanders are some of the warmest, kindest folks in the world.
Use the Right Credit Card!
Don’t forget to book your flights with a credit card that earns bonus miles & points for airline purchases, like:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus – get 2% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
What About Hotels?
Note: If you’re booking a paid stay, it’s worth checking discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. Keep in mind, you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
With WOW Air’s latest fare sale, you can fly from Boston and Washington, DC (Baltimore), to Reykjavik, Iceland, for $99 1-way.
Or fly beyond Reykjavik to 8 European cities starting at $149 1-way. Return flights in both instances cost more, but are still a good deal.
These fares won’t last long. Let me know if you book a ticket!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!