Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
You can now earn 35,000 Lufthansa miles with the new Barclaycard Miles & More Premier World Elite MasterCard when you complete the minimum spending.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
This isn’t the highest bonus I’ve seen on this card, but it comes with new perks which might make it interesting for some folks!
I’ll let you know about the changes to the card and help you decide if this is the right card for you!
About the New Barclaycard Miles & More Card
Link: Barclaycard Miles & More Premier World Elite MasterCard
When you sign-up for the Barclaycard Miles & More World Elite MasterCard card, you’ll earn 35,000 Lufthansa miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
Other perks include:
- 2 Lufthansa miles per $1 you spend on tickets purchased directly from Miles & More airline partners (such as Brussels Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, & SWISS)
- 1 Lufthansa mile per $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Companion certificate after 1st purchase and payment of annual fee, then each year when you renew the card
- NO foreign transaction fees
Lufthansa is a Star Alliance member, so you can use Lufthansa miles to book flights on United Airlines (or any other Star Alliance airline).
Note: You can NOT combine your Lufthansa miles with United Airlines miles to book 1 award ticket!
Check out my post on all the places you can go with Lufthansa miles.
There’s a higher $89 annual fee that’s NOT waived. This is a $10 increase. And the new card comes with chip technology which makes it easier to use your card for gas and train tickets in Europe.
And there are other new perks you can take advantage of after your 1st purchase on the Barclaycard Miles & More World Elite MasterCard card, and each year you keep the card for at least 45 days after paying the annual fee:
- 15% discount on hotel & rental car award bookings made through Miles & More.
- Convert miles to earn status – Once a year, cardholders can convert miles they’ve earned from retail purchases to status miles at a 5:1 ratio. You can convert a minimum of 5,000 award miles and a maximum of 25,000 award miles per year.
- Note: 25,000 award miles only gets you 5,000 status miles, and you’ll need 35,000 status miles to earn the lowest elite status. So this isn’t a great perk unless you’re close to earning status and need a few more status miles to top off your account
- 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge passes – Each voucher is good for 12 months.
If you sign-up for this card and you’re not instantly approved, it might be best to wait it out. That’s because some folks have had their accounts cancelled for calling the reconsideration line!
Choose Your Barclaycard Credit Cards Wisely!
The Barclaycard Miles & More World Elite MasterCard card has added new perks, and Lufthansa miles are a good option for folks who want to save their United Airlines miles for more expensive flights.
Plus, Barclaycard typically only allows folks to sign-up for 1 or 2 of their cards per year. So a card like the Barclaycard Arrival Plus might be a better choice because it will give you more flexibility.
The Barclaycard Miles & More World Elite MasterCard card now comes with a 35,000 mile sign-up bonus when you complete the minimum spending. And there are new perks including:
- Chip technology
- 15% discount on award hotels & cars booked through Miles & More
- Ability to convert miles for elite status
- 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge passes
We don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best offers!
There’s also an increased annual fee of $89. And you may want to consider other cards like the Barclaycard Arrival Plus instead. That’s because Barclaycard will usually only approve you for 1 to 2 cards per year, so it’s important to choose your applications wisely.
That said, this may be a good option for some folks!
What do you think about the new perks that come with this card? Let me know in the comments!