Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, Citibank and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. 4 New Positive Changes to Ritz-Carlton Award Program
Here’s a look at the new perks:
- Points Advance – Book an award stay before you have the points, as long as you earn (or buy) the points to cover the full cost 14 days before check-in.
- Points Sharing – Share your Ritz-Carlton points with ANY Ritz-Carlton or Marriott member (up to 50,000 points per year). Once per year you can go over the 50,000 point limit right before a specific redemption, only up to the amount needed for a specific stay, rounded to the nearest 1,000 points.
- Elite Credit for Award Nights – Redeem points for award nights and you’ll stay credits towards Ritz-Carlton elite status
- Cash + Points – Starting in 2016, you can use a combination of points and cash to book each night of your stay
So it’s now easier to earn Ritz-Carlton elite status and get the additional points you need to book awards by sharing and a points advance. Then next year, you can stretch your points for more stays at Ritz-Carlton using cash + points!
Note: Marriott and Ritz-Carlton are essentially the same frequent-guest program (just with different branding and marketing), so you can use your Ritz-Carlton points to stay at Marriott hotels, and vice versa.
I love to see reward programs add features that benefit their members!
2. AMEX Offers Now More User Friendly
If you’ve ever searched through your American Express online account for new AMEX Offers, you know that it wasn’t a very efficient process. But things have changed!
Via One Mile at a Time, American Express has redesigned their site so it’s easier to see all your AMEX offers at once.
Now it’s easier!
I like that I can now view all of my available offers on 1 page!
3. Earn Up to 16X American Airlines Miles for Shopping
The Points Guy reports, you can earn as many as 16 American Airlines miles per $1 spent at certain retailers by clicking through the American Airlines shopping portal. The increased bonuses are available through November 8, 2015, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Here’s a look at how many American Airlines miles you’ll earn on qualifying purchases:
- 4 Inkjets – 16X American Airlines miles
- Grainger – 6X American Airlines miles
- NewEgg – 4X American Airlines miles
- Office Depot – 5X American Airlines miles
- Vista Print – 6X American Airlines miles
And starting November 9, 2015, to November 11, 2015, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you can earn bonus miles at the following retailers:
- 123 Inkjets – 16X American Airlines miles
- AT&T U-verse – 5,000 American Airlines miles
- Dell Small Business – 4X American Airlines miles
- FedEx Office – 6X American Airlines miles
- quill.com – 4X American Airlines miles
So if you plan on purchasing electronics or items for your small business, this is a great way to earn extra miles towards your next getaway!
And folks who’ve added the $25 off a $200+ NewEgg AMEX Offer to their AMEX account could do very well with this deal!
4. $15 off $50 at Amazon
I’ve written about how you can shop at Amazon with AMEX Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou points. This typically is NOT a good deal.
Note: This discount is only for folks who haven’t used AMEX Membership Rewards points on Amazon in the past 24 months.
Here’s how the save $15 off $50 or more at Amazon:
- Link your American Express card to your Amazon account
- Add $50+ in items (sold by Amazon only) to your Amazon cart
- Enter promotional code “SWP9AXP15”
- Pay with at least 1 AMEX Membership Rewards point (1 AMEX Membership Rewards point is worth 1 cent towards off your total)
You’ll see $15 deducted from your total.
Remember to pay with a card that earns bonus points at Amazon! You can currently earn 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 in spending) at Amazon on both the Chase Freedom and Discover it cards through December 31, 2015.
Plus, if you’re a new Discover it cardholder or previously registered, your cash back will be doubled at the end of your 1st year. So you’ll earn a total of 10% cash back on your Amazon purchase!
Terms & Conditions
- This offer expires November 13, 2015, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time (or while supplies last)
- NOT valid on Amazon gift cards and digital content
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address
- New Amazon accounts must be created by November 10, 2015, to take advantage of this offer. That’s because it may take up to 72 hours for your promotional code to be accepted and applied.
- Discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Limit of 1 person per eligible code
- Can NOT be combined with other offers
Phew! That’s a lot of terms! But don’t let that fool you, this is an easy way to save $15 at Amazon.