Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via One Mile at a Time, the increased 75,000 mile sign-up bonus on the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard® card will end October 27, 2015.
This is a very good deal! Normally, the sign-up bonus on the card is 50,000 American Airlines miles, although in the past it’s been as high as 100,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements.
So you’ve got less than a week to apply for this card!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Citi AAdvantage Executive 75,000 Mile Offer
The annual fee of $450 is NOT waived for the 1st year. But it’s well worth it for 75,000 American Airlines miles!
This offer will end on October 27, 2015 (a week from today!).
Plus, this card comes with terrific perks, like:
- American Airlines Admirals Club membership (worth up to $500) – access Admirals Club lounges, and bring your immediate family or up to 2 guests traveling with you. You do NOT have to be flying American Airlines to enter the lounge!
- First checked bag free (for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation) on American Airlines and US Airways flights
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases (like food, drink, and headsets) on American Airlines and US Airways flights
- Priority check-in, security (where available), and boarding
- 10,000 elite-qualifying miles if you spend $40,000 or more on the card in a calendar year
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 you spend on American Airlines
- 1 American Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- No foreign transaction fees
Some folks worry about being able to spend $7,500 in the 1st 3 months of opening their account.
Luckily, there are lots of ways to meet minimum spending requirements! Especially if you have big expenses coming up, like a wedding, car repair, or home improvement project.
Or, if you’re eligible, consider funding a new Citigold checking account with your Citi AAdvantage Executive card. Just be sure to set your cash advance limit to zero to be on the safe side!
If you’ve had this card in the past, you could earn the bonus again as long as you haven’t held it for at least 18 months.
You’ll earn the bonus after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account. Check out how you can use big expenses or fund a Citigold bank account to meet minimum spending requirements!
You can get a lot of Big Travel from 75,000 American Airlines miles, like a trip to Hawaii, Europe, or Asia.
My favorite way to use American Airlines miles is on partner airlines like Etihad and Cathay Pacific. What’s yours?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!