Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Free Frequent Flyer Miles, you can now earn 50,000 Hawaiian Airlines miles when you sign-up for the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card and complete the minimum spending. (I’ll show you how to find this deal!).
That’s much better than the usual sign-up bonus of 35,000 Hawaiian Airlines miles!
We don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
What’s the Deal?
You can currently get a better offer for the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card. To get this deal, log into your Hawaiian Airlines account and you’ll see a banner for the application. (Folks without an account can create 1 for free.)
If you’re approved for the card, you’ll earn 50,000 Hawaiian Airlines miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
The $89 annual fee is NOT waived the 1st year.
This deal ends November 30, 2015.
You also get other great perks including:
- 2X Hawaiian Airlines miles at Hawaiian Airlines
- 1X Hawaiian Airlines miles on all other purchases
- 1st checked bag free for primary cardholder – When you book directly through Hawaiian Airlines with your Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines personal card
- 50% off Travel Companion Discount – Save 50% on a paid round-trip coach flight for a friend or family member who’s joining you on your trip.
- Discount Award Flights – When you book directly through Hawaiian Airlines and you’re logged into your account
- Share Miles for Free – Cardholders can share their Hawaiian Airlines miles with a friend or family member up to 10 times each calendar year without paying a fee
- $100 Airline Credit – Hawaiian Airlines gold and platinum elite members can earn a $100 statement credit (on up to $10 per day) when they make $100 or more in-flight purchases of drinks, meals, and entertainment on Hawaiian Airlines. The credit expires at the end of your 1st cardholder year. Seat selections and upgrades do NOT qualify.
- Annual Spending Bonus – 5,000 Hawaiian Airlines bonus miles when you spend $10,000 within your cardmember year
- Anniversary Bonus – $100 companion discount on round-trip coach flights between North America and Hawaii each year you keep the card.
If you aren’t instantly approved, give Barclaycard a call because they may just need more details to complete your application.
With Barclaycards it typically only takes a few days to receive the sign-up bonus after you complete the minimum spending. But you may have to wait until after your statement closes.
If you’ve already had this card, Barclaycard usually lets folks get the sign-up bonus on their cards more than once. However, I would wait at least 6 months before signing-up again.
And if you recently applied for the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card with the lower sign-up bonus, it doesn’t hurt to call Barclaycard and see if they will match the current offer!
Where Can You Go With 50,000 Hawaiian Airlines Miles?
The 50,000 Hawaiian Airlines miles you earn with the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card is more than enough for a round-trip coach flight from North America to Hawaii.
Or you can book inter-island flights for 7,500 Hawaii Airlines miles each way.
You can also transfer Hawaiian Airlines miles to Hilton at a 1:1.5 ratio. This may be a good deal for folks who need extra points for an award stay. That said, remember there are lots of ways to earn Hilton points!
You have to call Hawaiian Airlines at 877-426-4537 to make the transfer, and it can take 10 to 15 business days for the Hilton points to post to your account.
You Can Get a Lot of Perks With This Card, So Should You Sign-Up?
Barclaycard typically only approves folks for 1 or 2 of their cards per year. So choose your applications wisely.
And while it may seem like you get a lot with the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card, I think other cards offer a better deal.
For instance, you can save miles on award flights to Hawaii with British Airways Avios points. And the Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card is currently offering an increased sign-up bonus where you can earn a total of 100,000 British Airways miles.
If you live on the West Coast, you can get to Hawaii for just 25,000 British Airways Avios points round-trip!
And while you’ll get perks like a free checked bag with the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines card, this is only good for the cardholder. Other cards extend this benefit to travel companions.
For example, with the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard you’ll get the 1st checked bag free for up to 8 companions on the same reservation.
You can also get a decent deal by transferring Hawaiian Airlines miles to Hilton at a 1:1.5 ratio. But I’d rather sign-up for the Citi Hilton Reserve card and earn 2 weekend nights at almost any Hilton hotel when I complete the minimum spending!
Log into your Hawaiian Airlines account and look for the banner to get this offer.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission from this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
The $89 annual fee is NOT waived the 1st year.
This card comes with a lot of perks and could be useful for folks planning a trip to Hawaii. But choose your Barclaycard applications wisely and be sure to compare with cards like the Chase British Airways card before you sign-up.